Techfidera Death?

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do we know?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing to do with the drug. Pt died of an unrelated illness.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what you assholes said about PML.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Possible time line
    (-) 8 weeks - PT starts bg12
    (-) 7 weeks - 6 days - GI adv events begin
    (-) 7 weeks - PT informed by office to "ride it out", take anti nausea and anti diarrhea meds
    (-) 6 weeks through (-) 3 weeks - no relief, d/c drug + PT is now severely dehydrated
    (-) 2.5 weeks - PT admitted to hospital dx - sever dehydration
    (-) 2 weeks - PT acquires hospital acquired pneumonia
    (-) 6 days - PT passes

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the SPIN Zone!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospital acquired pneumonia brought about by techfidera induced diarrhea/dehydration will cause death. Oky doky!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did the patient have a low WBC count from the Tecfidera?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All patients will lose 30% of their white blood cell counts, they die and do not return. 4 cases of PML in Europe tied to this drug is concerning and now a death in the US that was most likely tied to it..... The Cleveland Clinic has already started doing JC Virus testing as protocol for Tecfidera and I'm sure a REMs program will be right around the corner just like Tysabri. Also the twice a day is a hassle for many patients, you can't miss a dose because of its short half life, if you do you won't be getting the full effects of the drug. The uptake of the drug has been unreal but until it's out for a few years we won't know how it will affect patients...... We don't use this drug unless they fail on other drugs, won't be a first line option for us for at least 3-5 years.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great post above.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't it be nice if a drug company bothered to test this BEFORE it got to the stage of causing PML and killing people!! Woops...sorry, a little collateral damage can't get in the way of profit!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just another phony scandal. Move along!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't that what Biogen said about PML and Tysabri when it first was announced...then the execs sold their stock and made millions after delaying the info for 2 weeks. Don't you just love these people who say they are so interested in the health of MS patients!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Cleveland Clinic 's protocol is to JCV test prior to all DMT's, not a specific protocol to Tysabri & Tecfidera.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fast uptake for tecfidera is based on all the bought neurology biogen loyalists converting pts over from avonex....is that really shocking to anyone who has sold against the BI machine the last 5 yrs? C'mon....lets see what % RXs are from these BI loyalist offices.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I can't wait for that ims data to show majority is from copaxone. They and Gilenya are finished.

Did I say FINISHED loud enough for you to here me in Kansas and NJ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't this nice to see for an MS patient...the drug companies who make these medications that we pay thousands of dollars for gloating against one another as to who is going to make the most profit. What a wonderful level of concern for MS patients!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's about money not patients

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what makes me sick when the Biogen marketing/sales people make all those wonderful press releases telling us how they are so interested in the health and well being of MS patients!!! Puke!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw the same post during Tysabri launch then PML. Just wait Techfidera will have PML just a matter of time. Biogen is the PML company you are cursed

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loud enough??? not sure, but your straining must have caused some shit to leak into your panties because it sure smells. hey wait a minute....are you taking tec???