Total knee replacement?

Discussion in 'MAKO Surgical' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Mako have near term plans to provide total knee replacement? Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read that they have patents filed for total knee but not sure when it will be available commercially.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kayla...is that you??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm. I see those patents published last month. No 510k clearances pending except for a hip update? Found this on another board. Check this out

(Mass General Orthopedics BioMechanics Lab)
    2010-2013. Role: PI Mako Surgical
    Biomimetic total knee design
    Goal: Develop a total knee design that retains both the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments in an effort to obtain a more functional total knee reconstruction. Implement the use of the prostheses with a haptic robotic device.

Page three, 3rd item down:
    http://www.ihshome.org/uploaded/CV-Muratoglu.pdf

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats the point of Mako when all the companies now have custom cutting blocks? I still just don't get it. Enlighten me

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just about making $ for MGH

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on what I've seen with the uni, it allows for interop flexibility. Based on recent studies (JBJS Trumatch) these blocks aren't perfect.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we love to just spill our future product development plans publicly. now move along.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker's own public announcements have said they are planning on starting the clinical use of a TKR based on the Mako technology sometime later this year/early next year if I remember correctly.