MARKETING

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a naive idiot. The BMP is to add value for the company that makes the purchase. This company will not be here within 5 years and that's a huge stretch. There is a plan in place to build up value and get out.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going back to Smith & Nephew. And that's the bottom line.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Value? Lol it's an R&D product. So the continued R&D investment by BV is to add value. Might, that'd what companies selling on Wall St do after all, buy undeveloped products to sell (before it's finished) with the company. Yup, makes sense to me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe I'm allowing myself to waste time with this argument. Do you know what the word pipeline means? New technology for the future is appealing to big companies who are in that market along with present products. If you don't understand that please stop embarrassing yourself on here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe less than 5 years...it took him 4 years to turn around and sell his last company. This is part of the bv press release that the naive people on here must not have read or understood. This is why he was hired, to do the same thing with us.

"Bihl, 57, previously served as CEO and President of American Medical Systems (AMS), a publicly-traded diversified supplier of medical devices and pelvic procedures. During his four years with the company, he led its restructuring following a series of acquisitions, strengthened its management team, established a performance-based culture with clear accountability, and achieved revenue growth and grew operating profit. In 2011, Bihl led the company to its successful sale to Endo Pharmaceuticals."

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you. Finally someone who makes sense and has evidence to back it up.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems pretty obvious that the investors will sellout. They have made it obvious they could give a rats ass about employees or getting a new product.

This is a game for a group of wealthy men. Buy, put a little lipstick on the company and sell.

My guess in two- five years they will sell out. Supartz will be dead and there will be a better mousetrap for treating fractures or bone stimulators will be rental.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very, very expensive. Athletic stars have agents who want millions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like the product marketing will finally receive a facelift. Please bring someone over from Ferring.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard of several good qualified reps that applied for marketing positions only to be turned away. Has something changed? I see the same marketing flunkies, who rode their horse into the ground still trying to tell us they know about what the field needs and how to successfully market to those needs. Please sell me the idea that having to recharge the exogen unit is better than never having to worry about having enough charge, ability to charge or remembering to charge. Oh that's right, it saves us $15.00. I'm in.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they come from Ferring they won't last hear.
    Wish we would put an experiencedrep in that position.
    Otherwise, it's a revolving door position.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meant here. Damn iPhone spell check.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it. This management says what you want to hear but doesn't abide by their word.
    They do not believe in promoting reps to marketing positions. Although it makes sense, particularly for the reps who majored in Marketing or who have had prior marketing experience. But my guess, they will hire from the outside, that person will stay for a year until they get a better offer from Glaxo, SAS, Quintiles or one of the better paying employers in the NC area.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much spot on. If your goals are growth, development and advancement, you are in the wrong place. Come to think of it, if your goals are a secure job with a consistent paycheck, you are in the wrong place too. Wait, if your goals are to be independant and judged on your sales results, this is also the wrong pace. Oh, and if your goals are to be at an innovative forward thinking company with a bright future, well, you get the drill.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait what's the answer to the last part?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spot on as they say over here

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Answer is. It could be a really cool and sharp company if you had the right people in place. We could be finding new products, growing the Exogen Market with new studies, and new markets, finalizing a three injection supartz study, offering big incentives to the sales people which increases revenue and promoting all positions from the talents we have inside the organization.

Funny, we aren't doing any of that, it seems.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone notice that BH talked about a new product in 2-3 years on his conference call last week. So nothing has changed. Just waiting on the next round of replacement leadership.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They all suck.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, who is the guy that was the NAM in the Southwest?