CCS Medical from Pharma?

Discussion in 'Endocrinology' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2006 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe they are speaking of Danielle in Pharmacy.

I was one of those laid off at the end of September. While I do not harbor bad feelings towards CCS, it was very unsettling the way the layoffs took place. It was a surprise and I had no idea it was coming. Like every company, there are good and bad people. Some people advance the bad way, some the good way. You're going to see this everywhere you go. I felt fortunate at CCS, but it took me a long time to get where I was. I did things the right way and am proud of my time at CCS.

When I say that I had no idea the layoff was coming, that is not entirely true. I had already been preparing myself for the possibility (because of the corporate move). I believe everyone in the Clearwater office needs to be looking for a new job. It just makes sense--- if CCS has gotten tax breaks for moving corporate, why on earth wouldn't they move Operations there eventually? Also consider this... Highland also owns American HomePatient. The chairman of the board for Amercian HomePatient is also the chairman of the board of CCS. While this may not be all that unusual, it's something to think about. American HomePatient is headquartered in Tenn, but has offices about 10 minutes outside Dallas. They also recently expanded their Respiratory division. I wonder if CCS sold their Respiratory to American HomePatient?

I am also sad to see what has become of CCS. When I first started working there it did not feel like a regular call center and I felt good about what we did. I remember Nancy Howard stressing how much some of these patients needed our service and how we were sometimes the only ones our patients spoke too. Wow.. how different is it now with scripting and time cutoffs on the phone (half of which is trying to upsell). I also felt like upper management did care about the employees. While they were not always my favorites, they knew my name! Steve Brown was awesome and used to make those stern memos something fun. Like driving too fast through the parking lot! The excuse to the change in services and treatment of employees seems to be that this kind of service is not possible when a company has grown like CCS has. I ask.. well, why do you think CCS grew as it did? Unfortunately CCS no longer offers anything the other DME companies don't. Might as well go to the "other" one!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don’t know about this Danielle person, I have heard stories about her but never met her I think. I am no longer at ccs but while there I did notice how some people, especially the IT folks were driven by that tyrant Dan and Beat. They “IT” were good people; they always went out of their way to help out, especially in Finance. We never got a no answer from people like Larry Molter, Boyd and Cory. It was always nice to deal with Cory..Dan and Beat crush their drive to do better, I was glad to hear that Dan was being push out.
    I just can understand why a company with so much potential has crashed so badly. In finance, we knew some of the things that were going on like Fran hiding huge bills for items that were never purchase, even more surprising, the time the issues with Fran was brought to upper management, no one did anything. The miss management of money, people is what did that company in. I am glad that I left before all the changes started to happen.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I'm sure you have heard stories about her lol. And yes, I was referring to the Danielle in pharmacy. CCS will be fine, just not at any location other than Dallas. It's refreshing to be gone and working for a company that cares about it's patients/clients AND employees.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looks like ccs is staying for another year budget in and looking good! making money

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's making money? CCS or you, did they promise you a 0.35 cent raise to work your ass off for another year.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was curious who the Director of Sales was that was fired. There was a post that said this person was fired. The post date was 9 of 2011 and starts off, "Another one bites the dust." I worked there many years ago and had a very bad experience. The job I was hired for was not what I interviewed for. Thanks...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly AEs posting....let me help you out....I have made a few posts on here. And no, I'm not one of those "admin" people you referred to, no where near that. So there is your first thing. Secondly, lets also clear up that AEs are not the end all, be all of that company. I have worked extensively with AEs in many capacities, and let me tell you what, many of you are often the bain of everyone else's existance. Not all of you, but many. I've done sales for a very long time (outside of CCS) and I know what it consists of. CCS has a piss poor sales structure and training, never wanting to push anyone, including AEs to their fullest potential. There is a lot wrong with that company right now, and your group is not excluded. If you were business savvy, you would see that the real issue is NOT that CCS is going under, they aren't. They are like a cockroach, you can cut the head off but that nasty thing still runs around. The real issue is that while they have a business to run (and I can respect that) they are shady and misleading about it. They are destroying their faithful employees (and no, not just admin....wake up and look at the much higher ups that have had the rug jerked out from under them) by lying and misleading. Not sure about you, but I have no interest in working for a company that has that much disregard for their employees and really, their patients, which in the end, isn't that what we are here for anyway? Perspective people.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

??? think you may have the wrong forum.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could not agree more worked inside NCE before massive Exodus - The problem with the AE's is that most of them do not work anymore becuase the gas is not covered and at least half of them are out looking for jobs while they are supposed to be sending in customers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

people who quit are slowly coming back to ccs lol not greener on the otherside dumb asses don't listen to people who talk down ccs they are so wrong

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, things are uncertain, yes people have been laid off. I've been with the company many years and have seen it go from a small company to what it is today. When you get a larger more Corporate atmosphere like we have now, there's going to be a lot more bs too. People deal with it because they want a paycheck. People switch jobs because things are uncertain at CCS and then if they lose them or things don't work out, they try to come back. Can you fault them for that? No. It can take a long time to find a job and when you have financial needs that must be met (kids...I hear those little buggers like to eat, weird) you will do whatever it takes to make that money...even if it means going back to CCS and taking a lower paying job. Does CCS suck? Sometimes. But sometimes you work with a great manager who is willing to do what it takes to help you grow professionally and who can be flexible when you have obligations outside of work (like school), so it's worth it to stay. You can't really look down on someone for staying there. Everyone has their reasons why they've left, or why they've chosen to stay. It's not necessarily because we love it, but because maybe it's the best option for us right now. Are we scared we'll lose our jobs? Heck yeah. Are we scared enough to go find another job elsewhere making considerably less money--nope. Anytime you work in corporate there's a certain amount of bs you put up with (let's think about the movies Office Space or American Beauty). There is no job that is 100% incredible, where you make tons of money and there's never any stress. Unless of course you're Donald Trump's new trophy wife, and even then that's still a pain because A. You have to sleep with him and B. You constantly have to carry around a big purse to hold a can of aquanet in it, lest the Don should need a spray and that carefully contained mop began to fly in the wind.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude you're an idiot. LOL The peeps that left and are coming back were already idiots when they left. Get a real job!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a wise buddah

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fantastic, someone has an opinion that differs from yours and automatically they're an idiot. I can assure you, I am not an idiot. Staying with CCS is the best thing for ME at the moment. Do I love it? No. Do I like and respect my manager, make decent wages, have incredible flexibility in my scheduling, and get a ton of PTO? Yes. Do I intend on staying there forever? No. I am going to leave when I graduate. You can't fault people for making the best decisions for their given situation. Leaving CCS might be right for you (and quite frankly with an attitude like that I doubt you'd be missed), but it's not necessarily the best for some of us. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and judging and ridiculing people based on those just shows what a complete tool you really are. Please do everyone a favor and grow the hell up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really??? Where are they coming back to? Are you saying the grass is greener in Texas? Are they all moving to Texas so they can reapply at CCS?? Nice try.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regardless – I for one am not going to “settle”. Stop with the cop outs. If you want something else bad enough, you will find it. Go cry in another forum about being insulted. The bottom line is if you are good at justifying being treated like crap, you deserve your position. Some of us respect ourselves more than that.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who worked there for years that were either laid off, or just abused
    and quit know how bad that place really is. I understand needing a job in this tough economy but don't try to sell this place as a typical work place it had more than it's fair share of baggage from favorites to bad management from the top all the way down.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok.

A. I said some people that left were trying to come back, not that they had (not all of them anyway). This was referring to returning to the Clearwater office. I'm not lying...what's the point? It's all anonymous anyway.

B. I am not staying as a "cop out". I haven't been abused or insulted in my job (because I do have an excellent manager and as previously stated, I'm not an idiot so I do my job well). I don't intend on staying in corporate forever, but as far as my position goes...it's not all that bad. I'm not crying about being insulted, I just think your statement was rather unnecessary. I hate to be the one to tell you this--but not everyone hates their job as much as you do. I've worked in other jobs that were much, much worse. I don't really mind my job.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS fell apart when they were purchased by greedy private equity pigs that are only interested in draining money out of the company. Why would anyone want to be in this industry anyway? It peaked five years ago and with competitive bidding coming all of these companies including CCS will be our of business and the good ole boys in Dallas will be counting the cash while everyone else is looking for work.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I am going to leave when I graduate"....do you mean when they relocate? Hope your graduation is this week! Or maybe you can transfer to the community college in Dallas. Big Dirk might give you some tuition reimbursement!