Do I want to go to Alcon?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing with Alcon.

Please, serious replies only. Hopefully from a mix of rookies and tenured reps.

How is the culture?
    Goals?
    Managers?
    Products?
    Do you chase signatures and sample drop?
    GPS Tracking me?
    Requirement for monthly minimum of marketing materials?
    Phoney quarterly business plans?

I want the dirt and the cool aid.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

first you have to get the job.

then yes its a good place.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're trying to make a lot of money and consistently, that is not Alcon. Our goals for the past year were so far off it's funny. However the docs are accessible--at least eye care division. No signature chasing. Decent budgets for lunches/events. No tracking, signatures are on paper. Some micromanagers, lots od younger reps. Overall good benefits but Alcon is good at screwing you out of money

ex-alcon likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN

ex-alcon likes this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It continues to amaze me how people are so paranoid about certain things. Am I being GPS tracked? NO! Do you really think there is a group of people in a little dark room tracking where sales reps are? Come on, you figure hundreds and hundreds of Surgical, Eye Care, SEE and Vision Care reps...how is someone supposed to know where they are supposed to be and NOT supposed to be? And if you think about it,the whole thought is actually STUPID. Just go do your job. If you don't believe what I'm saying, leave your iPad home for a month and see what happens......NOTHING! Pull your heads out....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you like getting ANALized?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are one of the lucky ones who have a small district of 7, you will see your manager once a month for a 2day field ride. The doctors become fatigued and it feels more like checking the box than coaching.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great, the first post is from a douche!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the most overrated, useless task for a manager and the worst thing about field sales. The coaching ride-alongs. Quite possibly the most worn out aspect of field sales along with POD selling. No thanks to monthly co-travels. Quarterly field rides are already too much. Thanks for the reply!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, Dumb-Dumb! Thanks for replying but as a former RM with another company, GPS tracking is a real thing that is used. No, not on a daily basis. No, there isn't a dark room somewhere where trackers sit in front of an ESPN studio like stack of monitors to watch reps. Tracking is used as additional support when cases are being built to terminate an employee. Don't think for a second that it's meaningless. Think about it for second why else would a company issue an employee something that is on every smart phone in the world?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is the pittsburgh territory open again? I am going to interview but I know there was an opening a few months ago.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

primantis was not all that btw

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen to the unhappy.

Been here over ten years and I've developed great relationships w my team, other reps and customers. It's true the bonuses aren't what they to be but it's still a really good company w solid benefits. If you're not content here it's probably more about you than anything else.

In reality the last 2-3yrs have been more difficult but things are looking better. Any problem that exists at Alcon exists everywhere.

This site seems to bring out the roaches or at least they seem to have the most to say. Keep 'em under foot where they belong.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GPS tracking is real and it is used by many companies. Grow up!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great feedback, Thank you!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon is a stepping stone job. If you didn't get the memo on that, you have limited your career growth and income potential.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not let them sell you on the bonus potential because I have yet to see any of us hit it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think if you are looking for stability and place to work without stressing out every day then you will like it here. many folks don't know this until they leave alcon...

ex-alcon likes this.
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a mediocre kind of person who likes to prepare meaningless slide decks - then - you will be extremely happy at Alcon.