Nucynta Feedback

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LEVO & Topamax gave a bunch back too

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Development of New Analgesics Over the Past 50 Years:
    A Lack of Real Breakthrough Drugs: Drought of novel analgesics
    1960 to 2009

Anesthesia & Analgesia, 03/01/10

Fifty–nine drugs identified as analgesics were introduced from 1960 to 2009 and remain in use. Seven can be regarded as having novel molecular targets; however, only one, sumatriptan, was sufficiently effective to motivate the introduction of many similar drugs acting at the same target (triptans).

Publication productivity in the area of pain grew exponentially during this period. Pain–related publications on morphine were dominant among other analgesics. Very intensive research efforts directed at diverse molecular targets related to pain mechanisms produced thousands of publications, but those efforts have not yet yielded new analgesics with sufficient effectiveness to change the share of publications on opioids or nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs.

Morphine and aspirin, introduced for the treatment of pain more than a century ago, continue to dominate biomedical publications despite their limited effectiveness in many areas (e.g., neuropathic pain) and multiple serious adverse effects. The present assessment reveals the lack of real breakthroughs in analgesic drug development despite intense research efforts.
    /

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's with nucynta.com?

A new HCP link just showed up for UPCOMING National ACUTE pain programs.
    All the events posted are for 2009.

It's 2010. Hello!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See it
    Own it
    Do it
    Solve it

Snort it
    Shoot it
    Crush it
    Sell it
    Get it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sniff it
    Eat it
    Split it
    Fuck it

(Now that's my kind of problem solving!)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roll it
    Freeze it
    Poke it
    Squeeze it
    Pinch it
    Love it

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nucynta is very dangerous but who care when profit dollars could be huge. After one 50 mg. dose, I had tremendous blurred vision within 6 hours. The next morning, I woke up with a huge rash on my upper back shoulder. I felt foggy for 12 hours. After reporting this back to my doctor, Johnson & Johnson will be happy to hear my doctor told me to stay on it for two more weeks! What a freak! Be careful with Nucynta!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

went from 25 to50 to 100 mg works for 10 -15 min.pains back.Now instead of one every 6 hrs, they want me to take one every 4 hrs.Its my belief that less is more.2 percs lasted the whole day.WTF all pain doctors should have had back surgery before they practice.The crap that we go through can't be taught.Everyone is different. F--- nucynta, wait 2years side effects will kill us,then we won't feel any more pain.fkrs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you splitting the 50mg in two? Because there is no 25mg. Troll meter is picking up a reading.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes per docs instruct

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nucynta is just tramadol without serotonin. I have yet to figure what the big deal is about it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pain, jobs and $

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, good to hear from someone in PRD.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What absolute garbage. No relief at all. Might as well be taking a water pill. No help at all!

16. Dajonopa

Dajonopa Guest

well I have to take 3 100 mg nucynta's per day for some very severe neck pain
    and this works a lot better than the oxy did..but still not near enough
    so the pain goes from a 7-11 on a scale of 10
    to 5-8 on the nucynta as long as I started taking ibuprofens and tylenol with it.

Is there a way to get this any cheaper.. my pain is bone related ( and it will never get
    better without surgery as there is degeneration and increased arthritis so if anything the pain gets worse but the doctor has to see you monthly at 60$ a pop plus the nucynta is
    costing me $75 a pop... HELP
    Paul

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Nucynta ER 100 Feedback

Has anyone had withdrawal like symptoms when changing to Nucynta from previous meds?
    I'm having terrible headaches, shaking, chills....as if I stopped all meds cold turkey! Called pharmacist about possible drug interactions, and he said nothing I was taking would cause adverse reactions to Nucynta. He also said Nucynta is NOT an opiod, and that what i was experiencing IS WD's!! PM doctor had me on Opana ER & Norco, and changed me to only Nucynta ER 100 2x daily. Getting hardly any pain relief, and now sick as well! Is there supposed to be a transition to this med from previous meds?
    This is worse than the bad GI problems I was having on the Opana!!!
    Has anyone else had bad experience with Nucynta ER???

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had hernia surgery and got really dizzy from Percs and Viks.T ramadol didn't help the pain at all. Dr gave me Nucynta 50mg. It took away all of my pain. On a scale of 1-10 it was a minus 10! It didn't make me nauseated and dizzy like the others did. It however make me feel a unpleasant dreamy weirdness I cant describe. I took 13 and had 17 left over. I didn't get addicted like I did to morphine when I had a different surgery.
    I recommend Nucynta if you pain relief with the euphoria. It seems most people think they deserve the euphoria and that's why they want opiates.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just started taking Nucynta and it makes me so sleepy, I can only take it before bed, and I wake up with the feeling like i'm falling, my whole body jolts, and also I have woken myself up from yelling out. It has only been five days, 100mlgrms. Any ideas on that?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Nucynta ER 100 Feedback

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I was on Opana and had bad GI probs to but also on oxicodone and was switched from Opana to Nucynta and my legs and back have been cramped up and my energy is drained. I think its the Tramadol. I'd rather have the Opana, and that is bad.