Scrubs Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2011 at 5:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHA what a loser! Whine much?
    BTW, if you have to try and tell someone you make more money than they do, you don't. No one was talking money until you did.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, douche bag? Is that all you have? I think that went out in the 80's. I love my Air Jordans. It was Reebok that had the pumps not Nike. Get your facts straight. By the way pharma reps make more than you and have more credibility. Also, how tough is it to give your crappy little "device" away. That's a tough sale!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHA what a loser! BTW if that is the only response you have it means you don't make crap. What's wrong? Can't make quota? What Phil not get you any contracts? You are a stud earner. How well your family making it on 75K a year. Forgot, plus your car allowance. With that kind of income I know a good place to buy discount scrubs!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you obviously do not work here. we are making 75K just through commissions in Q1

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Somebody point this troll back to the direction of the primary care Merck board or wherever this bottom feeder came from.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This troll knows for a fact that there is no way you make 75K in Q1 commissions. You people are barely surviving. Your product is crap, your service is crap the leadership you have at the top is crap and you sales people are the most arrogant, self absorbed forms of prehistoric frog shit that ever dared to call themselves sales people. You are the types who like to try and impress people ( most likely friends and family ) with all the complex medical terminology that you learned at the most recent training class. Then come home and have to deliberate what you should wear to work or should I say when you go out and "give" your equipment to the physician.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be worse off if you are hanging out here. If you are doing so well, why are you slumming? Wouldn't you want to hang out with a better class of people? Please tell us what great company you work for loser.....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, now I see. Someone who could not cut it. PIP boy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Volcano- we slum because it offers a nice little break from the serious work we do. I do hang out with a better class of people. You people have the most inflated sense of self worth than any space of medical reps I have ever seen. This thread is legendary in the medical community from pharma to device.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're the one trying to claim how superior you are, and the only one talking about how much more you make. Little man complex?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Volcano snoooooooooze.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wear your scrubs. No one really cares or pays attention. Scrubs are comfy. Believe me, no one will think twice about your wearing them. Relax.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Repscrubs is nothing more than China junk scrubs. If hospitals are going to make us wear these scrubs, at least get something made in USA. Thankfully all my accounts don't care about the time sensitive sticker and I can easily wear them 10x.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does eCardio have any Openings? That sounds like my kind of party

15. OncologyRep

OncologyRep New Member

To each his own. I don't care what other reps wear but personality I feel like to eat scrubs most day. I am a biotech oncology hospital rep. I wear scrubs most days because I do a lot of inpatient inservices mixed in with calls on customers both inpatient and in their outpatient clinic, which is usually connected to or adjacent to the hospital.

I do wear a suit and tie if I have an important and more formal sit down meeting with hospital adminstrators or with doctors, but most days I'm in scrubs.

Obviously I am not scrubbing into to surgeries, so I am not required to wear scrubs, but even surgical reps who do scrub in, aren't allowed to wear their own personal or company provided scrubs into surgeries. They must change into sterile hospital scrubs that ate provided to them by the hospital for each surgery are specially laundered at the hospital or the hospital gives them disposable scrubs. So even surgical reps don't need to wear their own scrubs to the hospital, but they all do anyway. They could wear professional attire and just change into and out of the hospital provided scrubs before and after surgery. Even if they wear their own scrubs to the hospital, they still have to change into the sterile scrubs right before each surgery.

For me personally, I feel that when I wear scrubs my customers see me a little bit more as a consultant and part of the team and less as a sales rep. Obviously they know I am have a product to sell so I'm not trying to fool anymore. It may even just be a little subconsciously that this happens and I'm sure not with every customer. Scrubs also enables me to blend in more while in the hospital and not stand out with a big sign on my head that screams "CAUTION: sales rep in the area".

I am not trying to look cool or pose as a doctor or surgical rep.

Finally, I work in Florida where it's incredibly hot and humid as hell almost year around. I hate heat and humidity and I am much more productive when I am comfortable and not hot and sweating my butt off all day.