Relocating to Warsaw

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jan 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the best place to buy a house?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Columbia City

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way.... Warsaw has lots of very nice housing in all price ranges. Good schools and lots of community activities. If you are set against living in a smaller town, pick Ft. Wayne.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the Winona Lake area. Although it can be $$$$. The public schools aren't all that great but I think unless you choose a private school here the Warsaw school system is comparable to surrounding areas. You can get more house for your money in Columbia City but you have to think of resale and that's not a preferred area. If you're looking for a good realtor call Teresa Bakehorn with the Remax group. It's about a 30 minute commute but if your looking for a small safe, peaceful town North Manchester schools have quite a good reputation. I have some friends who have moved there so their kids can go to school there. Smaller school system which gives your children more opportunity. Nice little college town and VERY affordable homes...

What price range and do you have a family?

Good luck and welcome!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to Ft. Wayne...southwest. 35 minutes door to door--much more to do, malls, restaurants, good mix of people from all over. Great neighborhoods, schools are terrific, private, public...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

35 minutes if you want to get a ticket on hwy 30!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get a place on one of the many lakes?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is living in Warsaw even an option? (Single, no family)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Okay, fair enough. I don't want to drive 50+ miles one way to work every day (Ft Wayne) so Columbia City it is then. (Halfway to Ft. Wayne at least).

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Columbia City is the ultimate small town. Everything you will want to do is somewhere else. Would not be my first choice at all. Ft. Wayne...on the SW side is great. Shopping, restaurants, etc. and etc. and still only 40 minutes to Warsaw.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Warsaw is not 50 miles from southwest. Yes you can make it in 35 minutes. Have fun in Columbia city eating at Pizza Hut every day.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We lived in Columbia City and never went to Pizza Hut. 800 degrees and Noa Noa were great places to eat...and I didn't have to waste more time than I had to driving to work each day.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I ate at Stimulators

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like 37 miles, (Kelsey Ct, Ft. Wayne) Starbucks to Starbucks. The investment in the extra miles to and from Warsaw will more than payoff by savings your brain from turning to mush.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ft. Wayne would be much better. If and when you want to move on, you have a better chance of selling your home quickly. Warsaw real estate is grossly inflated with the exception of lake front property but even that has its risks. There is nothing to do in Warsaw except eat and go to a movie.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chicago. Warsaw is a dump. N. IN is a dump.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so tired of all the pretentious shitbags that live and work in the Warsaw/Fort Wayne area. They all pretend to be religious and righteous and everyting but they are cheaters, liars and thieves.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And they are all your team mates! Hell on earth.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spent 9 months in Warsaw and it was the longest 5 years of my life. Inbred, arrogant, righteous. They Think the sun rises and sets over northern Indiana but the only reason any of these folks have jobs is because they are in Northern Indiana. Put these companies in areas where there is real talent and 75% of the people wandering the halls of DePuy would be wandering the streets. All you have to do is follow the trail of lies that is coming out of the ASR trial in California and you can see how hapless, clueless and desperate leadership was to keep this ship afloat. And that is leadership! Now go down a level or two and its laughable.