Attune

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watched a doctor come out of the OR today after his first Attune...his comment "they took all these years to design this POS"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They had to settle all the ASR lawsuits first. We will see how the femoral trials fracture after 50 heat cycles. Welcome to modern TKA Depuy. What if your surgeon wants anterior referencing instruments?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't you like to know the time and money the company has thrown away on this project?! Yep, it's a game changer DePuy style...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet. What were you doing there, waiting for the room to clear so you could sweep the floor?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

still a huge box resection for PS. Nothing fancy, nothing new, soft cam=soft dick

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What difference does it make if he was sweeping the floor? Oh, I forgot, you're DePuy...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I won't say its greatest implant ever created but I have gotten great feedback so far. I think its a really good knee.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Attune is nothing more than a defensive knee system to keep DePuy surgeons in the fold

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These post are a joke. Still a big box on PS? Have you even seen the implant? What if your surgeon wants Anterior referencing? If you had seen the system you would know it has anterior or posterior referencing. I can't see anyway a doc would truly say that. If he said that right after case he would be referring to instruments. If he was already a DePuy surgeon then nothing with the instruments should throw him. If he was a competitive surgeon then he should have been shown instruments before case.

Attune has been well received in my territory. I'm actually getting more traction with competitive surgeons than sigma users. Persona seems to be a pretty good knee so I don't see a bunch of Zimmer conversions. Most of the competitive guys I've converted were Stryker surgeons.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get all butt hurt Mr. Depuy kid, you have had no conversions only evaluations. Again it is nice but nothing great same as Persona.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An evaluation is a few cases. When you have knees booked out from now through the next couple months with none posted with previous company I think we all know what that is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Called wishful thinking

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What has been interesting is to see the competitions reaction in my territory. The Zimmer and Biomet reps haven't bashed attune they have just seemed confidant in vanguard and persona. Stryker has gone on a full blown smear campaign here locally. Between their commission cuts and surgeons starting Attune "evaluations" they have been panicking. It has been funny to watch and some of their surgeons seemed to have been turned off by it.

They bash sigma because it is an old knee. Then they bash DePuy for developing a new one. If you want to go after the knee at least talk about the knee itself. Why specifically is Attune not a good move forward for Depuy and knee patients?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they are giving it away and racing the industry to the bottom...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer is dropping their price on persona and SN is on Journey 2. Depuy has done a good job not doing that with Attune.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name one account in the US where Depuy went in and priced Attune lower than Triathlon, vanguard, persona, Or Journey 2. I know for a fact there are multiple large national accounts that Attune is not on because Depuy wouldn't even match what Zimmer dropped Persona and Smith and Nephew dropped Journey 2 down to. At every facility in our distributorship Attune is priced above Sigma and at most above the competitors knees. There are a few facilities where the competitors premium knee was at an acceptable level for Attune to come in at. I even have several surgeon who have tried and like Attune tell me that if I would match what they were paying for Triathlon at a facility they have ownership in that they would all switch their knees at all the facilities they operate. Depuy would not come down on price.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only every account in New England that is using it or should I say tried it then moved back to sigma or went to a competitive system. They may have not lowered their price on the knee's but lowered the $7000 hips they were doing to try to make the hospital happy. Well all you did was screw yourself because now the docs arent using Attune and your hip pricing is lower.

Congrats!