educator role to MSL role

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the opportunity to move from an educator role in pharma to an MSL role. IS it worth the jump? I think it would be a good career move and expand my knowledge and also allow me to move from the commercial side to the medical side. THoughts? Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can be a very good move depending on how the company defines the MSL role. If there is enough for the MSLs to do and the team isn't too big then go for it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it reports into the sales and marketing side I would be very cautious. Will it truly be an educator role or will it be a wink-wink, help me close type role.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above poster. If you report to sales you will be expected not to provide a fair and balanced viewpoint but rather what the company line is. Essentially, you become a glorified pharm. rep.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont kid yourself....the latest evolution of the majority of msl roles has become largely accountable to sales (though indirectly of course)---in the gilead case, the commercial leadership actually has formal input and influence on your annual performance evaluations----you think in this case there will be accurate presentation of scientific data that is not skewed by marketing messages? yeah right...dont take the bait.....in a nutshell my best advice would be to look at the salary/benefits of the two roles and choose the one that is most lucrative for you.