Apremilast expansion

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, May 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My first face to face interview last week was with the hiring manager and the RBD. I assumed all were this way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows? It sounds like different parts of the country must be in different phases of the process if some people are still doing their phone screens.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i had phone screen and have f2f interview scheduled later this week. they know my base salary and target for this year (>$160,000) and i still got a f2f. i was skeptical bc i had heard the same about low salaries, but, hey, it's worth a shot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard the same about OH mgr. No DM exp. only 7 years of pharma exp, no real blockbuster drugs or specialty drugs/biologics

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anybody gotten called back for a second f2f with the OH DM? She told me I was moving on, but I bet she told everyone that. Not manager enough to be honest, so probably just lied
    to all candidates.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same. Completely different kind of interview I've ever experienced... Didn't ask for brag book or past achievements, just asked about my hobbies and life in general. Didn't get a commitment for next round. I walked out very confused. No idea what they're looking for?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone share the recruiter's name or initials they are dealing with. I am not 100% convinced the recruiter who has talked to me is part of the action. She keeps giving me info about two territories in other areas of TX but says all other spots have been filled by friends of the NSD.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm very confused to the whole inteview seemed strange

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The initials of the recruiter I have been working with is HS.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the first interviews aren't meant to be in depth interviews. Just a preliminary face to face screen to get down to a few candidates for Round 2. Such a long process.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Celgene is hurting their reputation with the way this expansion is being handled: Inexperienced managers conducting unorganized interviews, no clear communication on the hiring process, and a general lack of understanding of the immunology market.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I respectfully disagree. The manager I interviewed with seemed very well-prepared and organized. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think it is indicative of an overall problem with the entire Celgene organization. The manager I sat with was very clear that this was going to be a long process and not to expect anything to happen quickly and had an understanding of the market. I am surprised to hear that you were able to assess the managers understanding of the immunology market in the first interview. How did you figure that out?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work here and found out they are shooting for a cheaper sales force right now. Not looking to spend too much money on management and reps because we need it approved first, and company not expecting blockbuster status out of the gates with the one indication. After more indications come in the company will start moving some more experienced individuals in the door. Exceptions can be made, but target is less than 90k per rep

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By having a conversation:asking questions, taking note of the manager's reactions (or lack of) to discussions involving major KOLs, the competition, etc. Anything that an experienced rep would be able to pick up on in the course of an interview.

Consider yourself fortunate with your DM experience. You seem to be in the minority,

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is clearly the manager writing this. wow, trolling cafepharma for dirt?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offer letters go out the first week of November. Final interviews are being conducted now.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any new news on the PDUFA date for Apremilast??????

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have first f2f Monday. Didn't have a phone screen. Will let you all know what I find out. I understand some concern with someone without any management experience, but there are positives and negatives. Also, who cares if they have experience in a certain disease state? I've launched 7 drugs to many specialties. Its never very different.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the manager was so bad, then just don't continue to pursue the job. Nobody is forcing you here. I don't think Celgene is going to worry about what you think is going to happen to their reputation.
    Also, how are you able to speak in the plural about inexperienced managers and interviews. At most, you have met with one manager and had one maybe two interviews so clearly you are generalizing based upon your limited experience.
    As for the experience in the immunology market, it is probably 10x more important that the rep understands the market instead of the manager. I've never had a manager that was an expert in the science. That isn't their job.
    If you don't like it, then don't do it. It is pointless to try to drag everyone else down.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My opinion on this expansion. Apremilast is going to fill a spot between generic pill treatments and branded biologics. Knowing that, Celgene will price the drug much lower than the biologics. That price, plus a limited indication at launch, has caused the company to make financial decisions on how the sales and management team should be constructed. Many of the posters are current/former biologic reps/managers who thought that Celgene would pay for their experience. That isn't happening. The market will ultimately decide if Celgene made the right decision.