Incepta: transformer break with rapid depletion

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys have been throwing so many stones lately. Love to see how you guys get ahead of this new issue. Hey, look on the bright side, at least you figured out how to get those headers to stay connected to the can.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually saw one of those in a clinic. The programming screen comes up a bright red warning to call tech services immediately. Gave the doc no real good explanation said the patient may have gotten to close to a high power source. No resetting this one had to be changed out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow! Unbelievable.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are we taking about the latest Durata failure or the mdt fractured df4?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, this is a non-lead issue but why is it that BSC has so many issues within the casing. You can't always use the good track record of the Reliance lead as a defense of the countless issues related to capacitor, transformer, read switch etc. (I could go on and on).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your argument isn't solid. BSC reports anything. Add up the total failures for all the issues you listed and then compare to JUST the Riata/Durata or fidelis #'s and you will see my point. I can't tell you how many stj failure mechanisms I'm seeing in field. most are rapid depletion of both Brady and tachy devices and lead failures even in the Brady line. So this 2005 recall argument is a straw man argument. Sorry but its true.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand the whole, look at the small numbers percentage wise argument you provide but you haven't answered my question. All companies have lead issues, fact. Some have been worse than others. All companies have had capacitor and depletion issues, again some worse than others. However, BSX/GDT has had a number of device component issues that are unique in the industry. Sorry, but it's true....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bsx and Guidant have made a commitment to their patients and doctors to inform them of all occasions where having the information can improve patient outcomes. This means that they are full disclosure about even the smallest trends and failure mechanisms. To say that other companies do not have these "inside the casing" failures is just plain false. The other companies have many low level trends and failures including battery and component failures that are published in their ppr but not advertised as advisories or recalls.
    I do find it hilarious that the consulta biv icd was projected as advice year can but less than 25% of implanted devices made it past year four and yet mdt is on here babbling about quality. A can that on average does not hit longevity projections is a failed device. And I'm only naming one of the four similar biv Icds mdt has with those trends.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

plese share the other 3 .. names and then go back and look at all your previous pacemakers/devices that you marketed for years with overestimated longevities ..

go to your marketing team ( if anyone is left ) and ask for your old marketing documents.

you had to come clean after your got caught selling defective products and fined by the justice department.

dont think your better .. so go and sell you larger battery.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm better because I know how to spell "you're."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool anecdote bro!