IBHRE

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jul 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The one question that still has me stumped is the one about outputs....going form 2.5V@.5ms to 7.5V@1.0ms at 6.5mF. How much did you increase the output (multiplier). What did you put for it? I'm stumped on it. I know if you double the Voltage you quadruple the output and double the pulse width doubles the output...but none of the answers matched up....I don't know how to factor in the 6.5mF I guess.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah i bitched them out in the survey about how piss poor the scans and the age of the strips are. I mean VDD leads...seriously WTF? and some of the algorithms were ancient. I saw strips from the 90's on there. it was ridiculous.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the O.P. Just wanted to thank everybody again for their help. Got my results today and I passed. I appreciate those of you that took the time out of your day to give me some tips, it all worked out great. For the other people on here that took it. If you log into HRSONLINE look in the bottom right corner, if it says CCDS next to your name you passed. the official noticies are being mailed on October 31st, but this is a way to find out early. Never thought I would say this but Thanks Cafe PHarma! hahaha

4. Thanks for this tidbit of information about HRS Online...incredibly helpful!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have been in the business 24 years and have never been asked by a doc if I had taken the test. Does it really matter in a dead industry?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking as someone who sat the device exam last year and ended up scoring the top individual mark in the world- I don't feel that smart but I was luck enough to work in an extremely busy center which gave me exposure to most things you are likely to see in a short time. But what helped me (apart from the normal textbook study) was going over practice questions, I can't stress how invaluable they are. There are certain questions and areas that are fairly particularly to this exam and smashing through a few past papers is the way to learn that.
    One more thing- the exam day itself is long and demands good exam technique- get familiar with the software before the exam, don't waste time on questions- flag up the ones youre not sure of, youll have plenty of time at the end of section to debate the tricky questions.
    Finally- bring in lots of snacks- energy bars, water and red bull, you'll be in there for 5hrs+ which is draining so you need to stay refuelled.

Hope this helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over yourself loser! Did you did this up from last year to tell everyone how great you think you are? IBHRE is an easy exam if you work in the field.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Passed in 2007 when Guidant was offering incentive (pay) bumps for successfully completely the NASPE....even then, I saw little point as far as how it impacted my day-to-day. I think if you are calling on an academic center, it could mean something to them....also, you can pass the IBHRE and STILL be a moron in an implant, so if you suspect you fall in to that category....definitely do not waste your time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OUCH.....its true though. This industries life cycle is that beyond ever coming back around to what it was. The environment has assisted in the acceleration of the decline to. Its sad but true.