SICD

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't this thing have a 7% infection rate?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, that's Biotronik you are thinking about.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a fact; BSC focused on training all of their implanters that give them business that were low risk of complications...well, they have all done their initial SICD implants out of good faith for the free vacations and now they are done implanting your SICD's due to complications and pt complaints. The good implanters have all stopped implanting this device and those were your "No Brainers". Now you're training all the rejects who you know are high risk of complications because your sales continue to drop not because you're doing well or increased demand...stop drinking the BSC Koolaid.

Also, keep hiring all the competitive rejects. We owe you a huge thanks for 3 that I know of that were absolute disasters and now they work for you.....excellent business model you have going!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is an ACTUAL fact: Business with customers that are implanting SICD is increasing at a rate that would worry me if I were a competitive rep.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, what is the truth? Is the S-ICD doing well in the market or not?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Where is this growth? How many devices were implanted this year versus last year? I have visibility to vast districts and there is zero growth unless you count paying off physicians to implant under the "Training Agreement" which is false growth reporting and a poor business model. u go right ahead and keep believing your growth story wee man and I'll just keep kicking your ass.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr visibility u r funny. I have visibility too. I am seeing SICD and dynagens w your LV lead attached implanted everyday. That my friend is all growth. Wait until that can is broadly released in a month or so. Nothing good can come out of this for stj. That's visibility and growth. :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8% actually

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Too funny. You morons can't read can you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HRS2014: Boston Scientific's S-ICD strong at 22 months, promising in post-ICD patients

May 8, 2014 by Arezu Sarvestani

Boston Scientific's S-ICD continues to demonstrate safety and efficacy at 22 months following implant, with more promising results for patients getting the S-ICD following an infection with a previous implant.

HRS2014: Boston Scientific's S-ICD strong at 22 months, even in post-ICD patients
    Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) today unveiled strong 22-month results for its subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator, saying the device continues to show efficacy with low rates of complications.

The S-ICD device showed greater than 79% freedom from complications at 22 months, and the device terminated 96% of cardiac episodes with one or more shocks, according to research presented today during Heart Rhythm 2014, the Heart Rhythm Society's 35th Annual Scientific Sessions. Findings came from the S-ICD IDE trial, which Boston Scientific used to support the FDA approval it won in 2012.

None of the deaths reported in the trial were associated with device-related issues, lead author Dr. Angel Leon said today.

The session was another in a string of reports coming out this week about the S-ICD device, which has been the subject of a lot of buzz at this year's HRS conference. A well attended poster session yesterday also found strong safety results for S-ICD, with low rates of complications at 2 years.

The most common S-ICD complications were inappropriate shocks, device movement and position issues, and erosion or infection, but rates remained within allowed parameters for safety. Of the 314 patients implanted with the device, 10 required "invasive action" for inappropriate shock, 8 for electrode or pulse generator movement/position issues, 5 for discomfort, 4 for erosion and 4 for system infection, according to the study.

All reported device-related complications cropped up only in centers' early implants, suggesting that complications may dwindle as clinicians become more experienced implanting with the device, Leon noted.

Another trial examined S-ICD outcomes following explantation of a transvenous ICD in patients that had experienced infections with the traditional implants. Prior studies have reported that ICD extraction patients face a mortality rate of up to 25% following implantation of a new transvenous ICD, indicating an important area of clinical need, lead author Dr. L.V. Boersma noted.

In data pooled from the IDE study and Boston Scientific's EFFORTLESS trial, researchers examined more than 850 S-ICD patients, 87 of which had a prior transvenous implant removed for infection. The remaining patients either had no previous implant or had their devices removed for reasons other than infection.

Of the non-infection group, 1% developed an infection within 1 year and 1.8% died. In the post-infection group, which was generally older and sicker, 1.1% developed an infection with in 1 year and 2.3% died.

Patients that did develop S-ICD-related infections were able to undergo explantation, and no reported deaths were associated with the S-ICD system or its extraction.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try educating yourself before you post. In the effortless trial 4 in 314 became infected. An educated individual knows this isn't 8%. And do you realize a very large number of the implants were prior endovascular systems removed due to infection? And why do these become infected? Because multiple entries into the pocket to replace failed leads and or shortgevity devices that have 1 or 1.4 amp hour batteries. This is called education mr poster.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed. The breadth of positive S-ICD data at this year's HRS made it a tough week for the haters.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

46% inappropriate shocks.....please put one in my mother-in-law for Mother's Day!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no response to someone this ignorant.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right....this is an ignorant device to put in anybody, including my mothrer-in-law. Thanks for clarifying. The word "ignorant" is appropriate in describing this device and the inability to detect and treat. Maybe that's what the "I" in SICD stands for?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the ignorance displayed from one who has either not read the data or doesn't understand it. I'm guessing you're losing a lot of business to BSC due to this device.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can almost smell the panic. Surprised this person didn't post in all-caps.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have not read the published data that continues to demonstrate benefits and safety of SICD. I would love to compete against you. You're one of those competitors that simply regurgitates what marketing shovels down your throat.

Put simply, you're not a good rep.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

remind me again how long the charge time is on this piece of shit??...I can't ever focus long enough to keep count during the whole charge...