Dallas Neuromodulation Reps allowed to sell on side?

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does your company allow TM's to sell on the side? Saw one of these guys in a hospital a few weeks ago selling biologics. Rumor is that they are also running creams and urine in their offices too. Maybe MDT MRI is hitting these guys where it hurts and they need the income, but using company resources to do this seems pretty unethical.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

most of them do. it is against policy but management is probably scared of them leaving.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDT has MRI but reps are also pushing creams and urine tests. Virtually everyone in the neuromod industry is doing it. Most getting away with it by setting-up spouses as "reps". Not clean situation at all and quite a bit of $$$$'s being exchanged by multiple parties.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Know for a fact one MDT rep is sharing cream commissions with his pain doc who writes scripts and implants his scs systems. If I know this how can't the MDT manger be aware as well?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahaha! Who is manager of Dallas these days? If its still "good ol boy" TC then I bet he is part of it. squirrely bastard

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys need to stop throwing people under the bus....seriously. I do not understand why you would unless you are competition, jealous or both.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boston DFW reps sell off of reimbursement with their 32,000 contact leads and since the L code was slashed they probably had to make up the money elsewhere. they are losing to MDT here too.but if they are selling biologics it won't be long before a pissed off spine rep turns them in. if you want to sell biologics go 1099 and cover your own expenses like the rest of them

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is illegal and should be reported. It is sad that there are so many scum bags in this industry when some of us guys try to do good

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "try to do good" guys are the minority. The neuromod industry is the most corrupt biz in the medical device industry today. Side dealings and bogus companies everywhere. Can't speak up when you share the glass house.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave us alone, we all do it and its not an issue of ethics. It is in fact an issue of staying afloat in an ever increasing competitive marketplace. Get on board with the rest of us or keep to yourself!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your company has a policy against it, it is an issue of ethics. It isn't ethical to use your company resources to promote other products. Maybe if you would focus on your business instead of selling on the side you could stay afloat. You will all be exposed in time, if Boston monitors your laptop and sees you posted this then better start practicing how to explain on your next interview that you got fired for violating company expense policy!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess they will have to fire at least 13 or 14 of us then. At least that is the number of people I am aware of within my ranks doing this. I know there are more. And yes, I will continue to sell on the side. Nice supplemental income :). So come over to the dark side dbag with the rest of us.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know several that are in also. I am not as of yet, but will be shortly. Too good of an opportunity to pass up and docs are asking for it from me. Move over, I'm all in!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice way to lose a good physician. When they see you misusing company resources, especially with the Sunshine Act a lot of them won't respect you and will start giving business to your competition. It's a small industry and we all know who the dirt bags are. If you are in this industry for the right reason and for the long run, you won't cross the unethical lines...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Since when has ethics ever been a factor in the medical device business?? C'mon pal, wise up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So offering a completely legal and beneficial product on the side that really doesn't take away from the main focus makes you a dirt bag and unethical? I hope your high horse bucks you head first into a brick wall

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, what you said bro! Agreed

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly. You got that BSX mgmt?! Nothing to see here...of reps selling other products during regular business hours...in Dallas. Move along...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dallas is one of the best regions. If there are reps selling on the side, they are still taking care of their business so sounds like there are some haters out there.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not selling but dealing. For every script you write doc I'll make sure you get a percentage of my commission. My way of saying thanks for the SCS biz.