Animal health to human pharma

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 5+ years of sales experience in AH and am looking to switch to the human side? What do pharma companies look for on resumes? Obviously sales experience of hitting quota/goals, etc. I know they look for awards, but I have worked for very small companies that did not give awards for performance as there were only a four or so reps for the entire US. My territory was #2 for sales, and #1 for growth as it was the newest of all the territories. Any honest and productive advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest,productive advice? Stay in animal health! Why would you want to leave that and get into human pharma? FDA oversight, over-regulation, the Affordable Care Act? Good lord man, I'm trying to get into animal health, and out of this!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, it's not that I really want to leave more that it may be my best option. I LOVED my job in AH. The company that I have been working for was recently sold off and the new CEO decided to go only through distribution and eliminated the entire US sales force. This leaves me looking for a job, while having to deal with a non-complete in 11 states (as that was my territory). I can not relocate, nor do I want a territory with an extensive amount of overnight travel. I have seen several openings for pharma reps in my region, but having trouble breaking in/getting an interview.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Non-competes are a tenuous thing at best. If your sales force has been shut down, I would think it is null- they let YOU go.

At any rate, pharma is no picnic these days. an ever shrinking pool of openings, fewer branded products and lots of competition from experienced reps in the market make finding a decent job difficult. Good luck whatever you do.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Not sure pharma is the way to go these days. For those of us in it we can ride it out for a while but to enter the industry now doesn't make too much sense.