Extremity Recon... Good division to work for?

Discussion in 'Integra Life Sciences' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been looking at a sales position for the Extremity Recon division. Is this a good job? What can you make on a high and low end?
    Goods? Bads?
    Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is fantastic! Christopher Walken is a trustworthy leader!
    And Obamacare is working!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the real question is medical devices the right industry, especially in the long term. It is changing every year and current politics and rising costs will make it change more, and not for the better for a rep. But as far as med device companies go, I would say yes. We have a CEO that wants us to be better and seems to be doing a lot of good things. And our record high stock price is evidence that we are doing a lot of things right. Besides we are hiring, isn't that a good sign?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring because of expansion or hiring because reps are leaving? Med Device isn't what it was 8 years ago and is in steady decline. Some people have the insight to see it now, others will when the ship is sunk.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expansion!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Integra was built patch work style. The only lines in the extremity portfolio that compete in the market were organically derived - tissues and biologics. None of the hardware lines have never been properly integrated and the leadership has no clue how to sell metal. Integra has failed to capitalize on any of their acquisitions over the years, check out the ONN annual report that shows Integra has almost no market share in extremities. Now the market is flooded with me too players and the big companies are laser focused on growth through extremities. Good luck trying to penetrate the market and covert business now days with a fairy full but nothing special bag. New leadership is out of touch and will CRM the sales force right out the door if the comp plan does't beat them to it first.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with the last post and would add you can't become an A level player adding C level talent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on! This message is right on the $$$. VP Sales has some major issues - to name a few: communication, sales direction, and ppl management. He's in over his head.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He dug his own grave so-to speak with the new comp plan. I give him 3 more months... I hope they don't move that goof Jerry into the role. I've heard horror stories about him from the S&N boys.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a joke - a very disgraceful joke. VP of Sales is a making a mockery of all the loyal workers in sales and marketing. He has very little, if no respect from the RMs, salesforce and corp folks. He lies to the field, changes comp plans, and works in his own head. Hang on tight Walken - it's going to be an interesting ride ;)

As for Jerry, he's Mark's guy and they both have shady reputations - anyone from SN or Biov knows. Jerry met one of my customer recently and I think I lost the surgeons business....well at least respect. He acts like he's a big man on campus ... But right now no one trusts him. What the h&@l does he even do? Seems like take over the world! This is the one time I'm glad I have no stock.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are both a joke

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My buddy at S&N said that wack job Gerry they just hired is a total bozo and was hated there. He must have been hired as a decoy to take attention away from other gross incompetence others above him. This company has become an embarrasment.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

predator is the word I heard used to describe him

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hit my overall quota mid April, but not even close to my metal #. So naturally I slept in the rest of the month, watched reruns of ESPN, the price is wrong bitch, took a catnap, wanked it 3x, hit the gym (best shape of my life!!), put the phone on mute during some more lame ass conf calls while I wanked it again. I even failed the Metasurg test! In other news, bio flow makes for a great lube while I give a flying f$&k. Christopher Walken hides watches...in his assssszzzz!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would think he's a decoy for the absurd behavior of NG and MA but let's face it - they are not that clever. Rumor has it Mark is hiring more VPs ...so who's going to do all the work???
    Answer: all of us idiots in the field along side mid/low management in corp.
    Btw, ppl tend to hire and surround themselves with ppl like themselves. Do the math - MAs team consists of either pervs, unsavvy/unprofessional VPs, who are disconnected with us sales folks.

As for MSurg-transition and aquis, it was a bust...still no real direction.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hated in both divisions. Guaranteed he'll embarass the organization there!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did he do?

I'm nervous bc our current senior management in OTT is horrible

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It used too be good until the recent changes... I am a rep here and I just took a RIDICULOUS pay cut with this new CAPPED comp plan.... yah, yah, they say its not capped because we can earn a Q bonus on everything over quota IF and ONLY IF we hit our metal number which most reps can't do because its an absolute comodety and by far the most difficult thing to sell... So basically nobody got a bonus... LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE REP I've talked to here is looking for another job... NO ONE IS HAPPY ANYMORE!! NO ONE!!! Reps making $250k+ last year are all saying they'll make $130k this year. Prepare for a HUGE REP TURNOVER!! If you're interested, there should soon be plenty of openings...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Collegen products are good but becoming just another choice that other companies have to offer as well. Healthcare industry is failing. Drs makes less, reps make less, and especially with Integra changing comp plans.
    One of my colleagues here in 2014 made $210k and he was only 75% to plan. Now with the new comp plan and a quota increase of 15-20%, IF he hits quota, he will only make $170k and he's been here a long time... New Comp Plan SUCKS BALLS!! Most reps are on a $120 comp plan and won't even make that because of splitting territories... Plus Healthcare here is expensive as HELL and theyre not good...$600/month for an 80/20 plan. Morale here is low... We just acquired a company called Metasurg and a bunch of their reps left too even after being offered jobs with integra. They said that "No One is happy with the changes so why stick around?"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What best sums up these changes and the incompetence of management is to just say it's f*cking disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Can't even get quotas out. Retroactively increasing q1 quotas. Is that even legal? God help us all