Amedisys closing or selling Texas

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know the real story behind the announcement to "participate in joint ventures, or divest" all Texas agencies (except San Antonio)?!?!?!?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the real story. Amedisys is a horrible and horribly run company. It's being held together by glue and tape.

The bad news today is just the beginning. Year after year after year we're told how things are great, how they're getting better, how amedisys is nicely positioned, how valued employees are and on and on and on and the company is in a constant state of decline with no hope of things getting any better.

Anyone that hasn't brushed up on their resume is not only remarkably stupid but deserves to be in the unemployment line when it comes.

We're at a hellhole and we're sinking.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sinking 's right. We were NOT an under performing agency, yet that's the story that was given. Very sad that there are going to be a lot of people (including me) looking for work in this unforgiving job environment. Might just get out of healthcare and go to a completely different field...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck to you and your co workers

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumb move after dumb move. First they forced Larry G out, then fired all the decent VP's that were making $, then hundreds of tenured AMED staff, then the COO that laid off all the VP's and staff, ..... Nail it shut. The party is over.....BB, I hope your Board is buying your crap for another year...otherwise, you might be restoring some more old pickups. You'll have more than enough time.

At least the laid off were spared this tail spin drop into the hell hole. AMED was once a non player.....then a power.....and with sinking earnings....quarterly miss after miss.......it will soon be a non player again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come check out Encompass! Largest Home Health in Texas. Dallas-based company. NOT publically traded. Great compensation packages (productivity bonuses for field clinicians, 5 weeks of PTO a year, great health insurance rates, etc) I've been with Encompass 7.5 years and have watched the company quadruple in size by organic growth as well as acquisitions. Great leadership at local level and corporate level, and company has a great culture f& focus on taking care of patients.

www.ehhi.com

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Florida. Texas and Florida are very similar and that they have 1,000's of agencies. If they are pulling out of Texas are they pulling out of Florida? I know they have considered it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30 days from todat may14 offices in fl will close on june 14 phase 1 more to come with next phase they lie do not trust them get out

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone been able to verify this? I work in Florida and I really need to know.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ocoee and clermont are just 2 of many closing on June 14 do not trust any one the avp are liers no one is telling the truth to any one they are not making money in fl

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

June is right around the corner. We will see about Florida. They have been losing money there for a long time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is happening staff have left they were told they would have to take
    Pay cuts and be put in other jobs because of the closings
    This is just phas1 they were told donot trust the avp they
    Are lieing the offices are not making money

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about any office but the one I worked at in Florida and the office was not making a profit and I couldn't see a way that they possibly could. The higher the census the more staff necessary in the office. Under the structure of Amedisys there didn't seem a way to make the office profitable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Home healthcare provider Amedisys Inc. (AMED) recently revealed that it continues with the offerings of The Braff Group who will help in the divestment of about 35 care locations.
    These locations are a part of the 50 care locations that were up for consolidation or divestment in Amedisys’ last earnings results conference call. In addition to an outright sale, the company is open to other arrangements such as joint ventures. The search for divestment or joint venture options is likely to stretch into the third quarter of 2013. There is, however, no guarantee that the search will result in a deal.
    The Braff Group has expertise in mergers and acquisitions, notably in health services, hospice and home health.
    This happen today do not trust your avp they are all not telling the truth more job lay off coming

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there is a phase one....there must be more... it is typical for Amedisys to keep their employees in the dark.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If everyone knew then they wouldn't have any employees left. Everyone would be looking for another job knowing their job at Amedisys was ending.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder when some from the leadership team will get eliminated. Let's start with Corp.Marketing. What does Fleming actually do? All the time and dough they spend with nothing to show. Hey we sent a fax campaign to 10,000 referral sources and got two responses. Great!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is all of Texas has been sold. Does anyone know details?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amedisys Texas LLC has sold to Cantex Continuing Care network

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All fl offices are being put up for sale next it has been in the works for months don't trust any one who tells you anything else they are told to lie to make sure you don't leave until after the sale they are not make money in fl they have closed some location already