Rumor has it Argon Buying Bard Biopsy!!

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is from a confirmed source:

Argon buying Bard Biopsy
    1) Laying off entire sales force
    2) Packaging it in with HPG contract

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Argon than poised to sell to another VC fund as there aren't many suitors for their old technology. 1 junk company buying another junk company with old worthless products!!!
    I heard this rumor myself!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I just ran into someone that's in the know:

Argon (Roundtable) attempting to buy Bard Biopsy. Argon than wants to package and sell out. All of us will be laid off and most of Argon's salesforce will be laid off too.

Argon needs this I'm told as they might lose distribution with their key products. Bottom line - both sinking ships.

Im not even going in to work anymore!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just spoke to a ex Argon rep and he didn't know anything about this. I was told if Argon loses its Rex Medical products, Argon would need to buy this up to 'have a bag' for its salesforce. Noone wants to be in the $30 biopsy game anymore, and I'm sure Argon sees the same thing.
    This is all just a silly rumor, but I do have an interview today anyways!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how long Argons distribution agreement with Rex Medical is?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there Option IVC filter with Rex expires this year. My BPV counterpart has taken all the Option IVC filter business in my territory - its a great permanent filter but never comes out when retrieval is due - always tilted!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is just sounds like a stupid rumor... "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who told me that a company is buying Bard Biopsy" Biopsy is one of the biggest growth opps for Bard (outside of Lutinix of course) ...especially outside the US. and brings in alot of cash. The earnings call laid that out the last 2 times. It doesn't sound like its going anywhere

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When there is smoke, there is usually fire. I am currently here, but would not be surprised if Bard sold to Argon or anyone else. The Biopince from Argon is about to be old technology with Merritt and Mermaid coming out with their full core devices anyday now. Everyone has a breast marker and lets face it, the Senorx was was a waste of $$$$ for Bard. I see them cutting losses and selling to highest bidder, maybe it will be Argon after what they paid for Angiotech - 3.4X earnings!! RIPPED OFF!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows anything about the new Western Regional Manager Farrell. I heard he is a meathead and is a terrible manager.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re: Brady Farrell

Can't believe they hired this dick sucker. What a joke, so they are truly at bottom feeder level.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I personally don't know the guy, but they just needed to hire a body who was cheap with this new comp plan. No one with any talent would come here. The person who deserved the job was JT who trained me and he was passed over.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RC knows exactly what's he doing and you chatty Kathy's need to zip your lips. This argon thing is bs too.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So far Farrell has proven to be a no talent, no clue about IR. Talk about a warm body, lukewarm.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor is argon spoke with Bard, they are still interested but far apart. Rumor is others are starting to get interested as well. Bard needs to dump and needs to bite the bullet. This will take a couple of months.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And i have some oceanfront property in Florida to sell you. This is pure hogwash.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

next layoffs are coming up in july. They need to get to 22-23 reps and three managers. east- central and west.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

false rumors as Bard has too much difficulty getting rid of any business. EP should have been done years ago and it took at least 6 years to get rid of it. Biopsy should be moved with the changes of reimbursement and poor quality. It will hang on.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They still grinding TM's out the door with me too products?