Multiple lines

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2015 at 7:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know some recon reps are carrying trauma.

Anybody looking at also carrying Mitek or CMF?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lots of trauma guys caring recon, bunch also carrying CMF. CMF was merged under the trauma and is no longer it own division. As far as Mitek goes...does anyone even care. All I see is Arthrex in all my accounts. Mitek is such an after thought.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see mitek boxes all over my accounts and see the reps all the time.Im not sure I'd want to have Mitek- they are all over the place and their cases are much longer than ours.Ive heard that when they take recon direct the Mitek reps will get to sell our shoulder and have power for surgery centers.Have any of you heard any details about the timing of us going direct? Our distributor seems to be pretty freaked by it all.im sure I would be freaked to have my 175k per month go away....I'd shit if my 30k mo goes away- no doubt it will in the direct model....just not sure when.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would make sense to combine lines and reduce accounts.

this would not be the worst model

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe it would.lets say I have a reduced geography and lose a big cutter to a facility up the road,that facility is with a different rep. Now my $$$ are way down.Its a great model if you keep telling yourself that and you are the one that came up with it.jnj is so disconnected from the customer that it will take much more of a revamp starting at the top of the totem.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mitek is going to all-direct sales force. Distributor Principals, for the most part, are being bought out. Some co-Principals are actually going back to rep the Mitek bag or become Area Managers. Many distributor reps are transitioning over to become direct. Some were offered the same deal, but declined because the comp is horrible as a direct, and they will take a huge hit to their income vs. 2014 (for those in bigger territories). Rumor has it that they will take Orthovisc and Monovisc commissions away from the surgical reps in 2016. Recon's turn will be coming, probably in 2017 at the earliest with corporate making the initial moves in mid-late 2016 for those under-performing distributors. But that's my two-cents worth. You never know what you'll be hearing next week since corporate changes their story line every other week, it seems.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess they want a more focused sales force.Not sure how to have more focus when there does not seem to be any focus at the home office.