How much do dental reps make?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company Salary Hours
    Nobel
    Densply
    Patterson
    Aligntech
    Biomet
    Schein
    Zimmer

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

usually reps make between 100k up to 250k

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would be interesting is to see how much money reps are earning by selling other dental lines or even working for more than one company at a time? Happens more than you think.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retail, ie, Schein, Patterson. Sky is the limit. Average IMO $150 to $200 after a few years and a manager willing to LET you grow. A good equipment guy helps alot too.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way is that average in todays retail market. Too many avenues and ways for doctor to shop and get better deals on the everyday stuff.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, that's my pay range and it is the average for my area. Maybe you work for the wrong company?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Average implant rep: $90k - $105 with car allowance, bonus etc, included. Solid territory. Economy is effecting everyone. My experience with great growth and meeting plan.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Economy is affecting implant biz. However, I've seen single digit growth in my territory. I work for one of the big guys and I'm pushing 120K with all the expected benefits. It's all about territory and strength of market share within the territory. If you try to go work for a smaller company now, good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are Aligntech reps averaging? How's the outlook for this company?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for Niznick, you are not allowed to earn more than $90k.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Little birdie tweeted that Implant Direct sales rep got a rude awakening with their revised comp plan. Welcome to Danaher, vaseline not necessary.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last year 4out of 24 reps made more tha $150,0000 so I don't know where you got that info from.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh yeah, as far as what I did last year, pushed well into the low 100's with a bid company, but due to economic issues, it took much more effort. I'm not complaining, there are some that make way less. Just saying, if you're coming into this industry, make sure the territory is strong. Don't go for the small companies, potential to make more is there, but it's potential that is very hard to achieve. Big players comp plan may not be great, but strength within the territory makes the overall comp package bearable. Either way, it's a 5 year gig then move on to the next big thing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3i reps make 75 to 130. no point in working your ass off. Ship has sailed

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between 80k and 200k here. Most at about 110-135.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where's here? No point if no company. 3i probably has one or 2 still around 200 but doesn't matter b/c no one will ever be allowed anywhere near that again

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe that's true, but the same could be said about every other implant company. It's a rarity for anyone in dental implants who is a rep to make well over 175K. Nice thing with 3i is the possibility of becoming a Hybrid rep, they do very well.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Second on the ship has sailed comment, 2008 I made 165k, 2011 120k, with numbers over 100%. I was a top five rep all my years, four compensation plans later things are worse.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd say closer to $100,000 - $120,000 if you are hitting plan. Know a few Reps who have knocked on that $200,000 door, but they had ridiculous years.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could pretty much bank on making between 90 and 120k