Realignments........again!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2014 at 7:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When?

Who?

Big buzz....whispers.....and chatter!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crawl back in your hole

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jitter in the ranks......
    Time for managers to soothe those troops.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your manager tells you there are no further realignments/layoffs planned, then you can guarantee those plans are already in place!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those in the know are beginning to shuffle around. Looks like October will bring changes.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is FACT. WHS finance has been projecting balance sheet charges to reflect in 4Q. The timing of the layoffs is intended to ease the sell off 3Q revenue decline will result in. This is the same 3Q/4Q move the company has been pulling for the last few years, how people aren't catching on defies logic.

Happy Holidays - here's your pink slip! Watch our stock pop! Ho ho ho!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cannt see more upset this year upper leadership
    Working hard on rebuilding trust with PC could see us moving to zip code vs account based accounts . I would not be surprised by some change to happen I sense a merger coming

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's hope those who bulldoze their shuffle don't push out the good peeps trying to get placed! We've all had enough of the entitled and obnoxious crowd. They need to get lost!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you go to Florida and it's all about the love. Upper management tells stories about themselves and their families. The CTL's talk about themselves and the love of their families and as I sat in the auditorium it had the appearance of a survivor intervention. The reality is that reps are fed up, tired, irrelevant and the whole pharma business is grim. There's little love on the outside. Managed care, step edits, institutional hatred for big pharma, expensive name brands, access evaporating daily and we sit around making 3 -4 calls per day with a one week routing. We get paid more than we actually sell.. Is management that blind to the reality of the current situation? The reps have battle fatigue and there's not much love to look forward to. Do we need another "me too" pill? Can we afford to be the fourth or fifth drug on the market? The business model of the 90's is no longer valid, you can analyze the data all day long but reality says it's a different world now. You can go to larger territories and multiple products in our bags next round but at some point even the cool aid drinkers will have to get wise and realize that a future downsizing is eminent and all the reprints and iPads in the world can't compete with this environment.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said previous poster the business has changed and for most of us left we will not be part of it .

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great post and is spot-on. Also, sales management is getting pressure to use Veeva reports to track activity at a time when culture is already fragile. Can't wait for the next Voice Survey results.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With pending changes we're hearing about the some bonafide carbuncles who think they can jump in front of displaced job posters. Heard about two situations this week. Stunning revelations about the inner workings of the some. Its no wonder some reps have reputations for being ruthless and entitled. Glad to see some mangers have stopped entertaining these blatant power grabs.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shuffle but if there is a job post deadlines for application do apply.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Displaced job posters? Thought WARN was over so I assume you are speaking of non-Merck employees trying to get back onboard? June cuts were to reduce headcount and now they realize people are needed in key spots. No funny stuff though, changes must be approved at VP level if not higher. I know for a fact that certain field reps are being groomed for succession plans. This info has been slipped out a few times at UG meetings, some will be demoted and others promoted. Too many LER's and titles not appropriate or in line with skill sets. HQ rotations are antiquated, expect certain peeps to be moved around a bit in the field, especially ahead of announcements. There is a reason for this, just stay tuned.

Go Eagles!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

June departures were still active employees until the end of August. Any posts by these people entered during the June through end of August timeframe are active employee posts. Plenty of posts came in during this period and they are considered inside the system.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What VP can I write to? Want to get back in before social services need to be contacted!

PS This peon got a mini severance and it sure as hell won't last long...

Go Pigeons!

BTW do feel like a real pee-on from this rug-rip-under-the-feet experience!