Merck seeks to reinvent R&D unit: WSJ

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm all for a 360 review, but we all know that will never happen. I was told once that you should never say something negative about someone in a review, because the group who rank orders the people will focus on that negative review and twist it so much that they are bottomed bucketed.

Management has been more or less the same since we merged and just created new titles/positions, while protecting their buddies. I would love to see a major shake up in senior and executive management. That would boost morale!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Few are good in those positions. Get rid of the accent club. They stick together. Unclear why.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Destroyed a great department! If you were good, creative or challenged norm you were moved to either other department or over the fence. If you were quiet and obeyed orders you were kept. This process is the key to the kingdom. Loved my job and at one time. The lab clean out continued into the department with the wonderful addition of process where we have fewer hands and little talent. Most expertise gone. Many people leaving because they can't take anymore. Joe, meet for a coffee to discuss the personnel clean out? They know who they are and read the site in the dark corners of houses. How does it feel to be so under qualified? We all see the inadequacy. Merck employees are not dumb.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oct 1 Perlmutter will release the Kraken! Woe be to all the boarding school buggery victims.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming soon to an Oxbridge wanker near you....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Pharmacology has been destroyed brick by brick. Stared with clean out and then leaders who rule using fear. This won't work for long, eventually the villagers push back. A little change is all discovery needs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point! Drop the process pigs and move forward. Belsomra? Made it to the finish line.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

few have left on own. last month MRL lost one. more required

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some interesting observations in this set of posts....... But no change yet

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The time has come...

Junkyard Joe

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are going to reinvent it by removing it. No need to throw good money after bad.

r*****s need to go.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of r***** choices. Start the show

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Imagination and innovation dissolved years ago. Nope no new drugs. Maybe imagination and some innovation could result in new drugs? Nah, we love being 2nd to market.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we had some sales and management people we could be fifth to the market and make money. Unfortunately, we have neither!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will you see results this year of feedback?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like your manager needs some extra training. Collaborative environment is in the handbook unless you are in pharmacology. In this case the handbook says "mind your own business and outsource".

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MYOBAO! Did you hear about the voice survey? We never received the results last year but current rumor is more people are looking to leave Merck vs staying (must be a mistake in pharmacology). Morale is only something you read in fiction novels. Anything to do with people treated after speaking up (12 month full paid leave without return)? We became excellent labelers in the lab. I received extra credit at clean out when I labeled my sock drawers at home. My gf thought I was crazy and told her friends. Happy to say after numerous acts of retaliation she is a broken believer and never questions my decisions. Or maybe because the managers all fall in line with the crazy requests from above? Maybe the outsourcing? If we can't purge the management system could we outsource the managers? Send a one way full paid return ticket

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bye, bye Rupert. Guess you were thrown off the train. This does not fix the problems in MRL but perhaps offers a glimpse as to plans for 2015.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reinvent means buy a pipeline.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time to fire rich t now!!!! YES!!!!