BM done!

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be a world wide celebration if LC gets the axe.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really??? We would all be on the street??? Wow! Thanks so much overpaid person sitting in a cubicle in Parsippany, NJ doing a job an untrained monkey could do. News flash pal - us "worthless" SOB's are the reason your pathetic ass still has a job!!!! While your sitting behind your nicely factory assembled desk with walls I could push down with a stapler, we're out here actually doing something every single day called.... Yep, you guessed it, SALES!!! If we would all be on the street if it weren't for BM then you can rest assured, so would your stupid ass, because without a sales force this company would not exist. And the over hire concept was a complete JOKE that actually cost our company a ton of money. We basically paid people to stay home and look for jobs for a year. Smooth move. Now go back to doing whatever laughable job it is you do back at home office. You're not cool enough to play with us big boys! Oops, I mean, "worthless sons a bitches." My bad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like most things, the truth between your statement and the now you are commenting on lies somewhere in the middle. Without a doubt, sales is what drives the organization, brings in money and pays the salaries of the home office staff. The fact that they have managed to squeeze so much cash out of the portfolio we have is even more remarkable and is a testament to the sales force.
    Now with that being said, I think you should not underestimate how well BM protected and championed the sales force. It was not just an overhire issue, but he kept the size of the overall sales force at a level you could argue was/is too big considering the current and future products. He has faults, like we all do, but he did keep the welfare of the sales force top of mind through all the changes. You really need to ask yourself if we could have achieved the same results with half the sales force? Based on the managed care contracts in place, and lifecycle of the products, perhaps you could. Who knows who the next VP of sales will be. There is a good chance they will come from outside the DSI culture, and that could mean big changes for everyone. BTW, many of the "untrained monkeys" in home office directly support your selling efforts through managed care contracting, rebate cards, etc. So in reality, we need each other. It is not a one way street. How easy would it be to sell Benicar if it was NDC blocked? Get rid of contracting and you will find out. Regardless, the is back and forth bashing is a waste of time (but sadly typical on this board). Hopefully we ALL have jobs in the next few years.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^^Funniest thing I've read, ever.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesnt help when SE specialty sells off label and subjects company to OIG investigation

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard from a good source in-house that BM resigned. Probably saw the writing on the wall. He'll probably join JK and RP on the CSO side of the business. Or maybe he has amassed enough cash to simply retire. Don't think he could get another gig like he had here.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely false! I am sure we all want to believe this rumor, but this info is coming from Bull's good ole boys trying to keep us drinking their Koolaid and to avoid being the next in line. McL was the 1st to be fired by our new CEO after being immediately exposed as the most obviously worthless member of our legacy DSI leadership for the fraud he is and always has been. Others will follow as our CEO continues his assessment of this cluster-flop he has inherited. BMs introductory interview needed to address the following issues not listed on his updated resume: OIG investigation, lawsuits, hiring discrimination & resultant lack of diversity, rampant off-label promotion, irresponsible sales force expansion to build his empire, fiscal irresponsibility, etc. These are just to name a few of the atrocities which occurred under his regime and DSI has finally held HIM accountable, not all of us in the field. Good start! Who's next?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This dude is pretty smart for a home office worker. Excepting the mention of the overhire maneuver by BM (which was an obvious attempt to protect his kingdom which made no financial sense), this guy gets it. We in Sales do not understand the fact that without formulary access and the pay-to-play situation in an almost completely generic category which is even getting worse, we can't sell the Benicar franchise. Maybe we are the bunch of "untrained monkeys" blindly following our Sales "leadership" who built this us vs. them cut-throat culture of Sales against each other AND the rest of the company?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sr. corporate execs do not resign "to pursue other interests" as the company always tells (deceives) us in their well-versed PR statements. Do you really think this greedy SOB would leave the massive severance package he built for himself as a part of the select few on the executive team? He knew this was inevitable with all that he has done to ruin our once great company. If I am wrong, you will hear where he has landed within the next couple weeks with a mass exodus of his golfing buddies in pursuit. He has been just hanging around here waiting for his golden parachute. Unfortunately, he may not be able to enjoy all that cash while he is trading it in for an orange jumpsuit after all these ongoing investigations continue to uncover his wrongdoings. Won't that be ironic when he trades in his neatly pressed DSI button-down business casual outfit for a used orange uniform with DOC (not the ones we are calling on) emblazoned across the back and ends up with a big smelly cellmate. Now he will know what it was like for all of us to share rooms at our meetings. Too bad they don't have HR to protect him where he is going. Sleep well big guy!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who is next on the radar and what does this mean in terms of downsizing the sales force? All the signs are there for a restructuring again.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR is the biggest joke next to Benicar

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really need to disconnect your cable...moron.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was one of the overhires you speak so highly of - I had been with the company for 5 years, placed into the overhire position while my brand new PC partner (of 3 months) enjoyed her territory, business as usual. So please explain (from your home office cube) exactly how BM had my (and a ton of others) back by having a consulting company come in, look at a map, and then place us in overhire positions. Another poster was absoutely correct - that may have been one of the worst financial decisions made by a senior leader. This company 100% paid me to look for another job. Who's the worthless SOB, now?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line on BM is this: Like him or not, agree with his approach or not, the man really did look out for the reps--I spent enough years in big pharma to know that no company went to the extreme measures to save rep jobs than DSI. And the one person behind that effort was BM.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now this is funny!! The man really did look out for himself and his cronies. That is the bottom line

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 words:

Gluco Watch

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bully Paplomatis too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would love to know where you live

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are these "other interests" he is pursuing? PGA tour? Been 3 months and still no job. Face it. One word...FIRED!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if they would only get of KD in Chicago. Useless