New iPads

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Sep 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the tracking devices like, who has access to them and how do we block them?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? This logic is why DSI hires in-effective sales reps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Airplane mode turns off GPS and wifi

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You cannot turn off the tracking devices that were implanted in each rep at the last POA. Don't worry, very few side effects have been noticed so far.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My brother has worked for Apple for more than 10 years
    Airplane does turn off GPS and tracking if you buy your own iPad
    These iPads were bought by the company in bulk and when you do that Apple will make special adjustments for corporate customers. GPS and tracking never turns off even if you use airplane mode

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big Brother is watching.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darn...I guess I can't get on a plane now since the GPS can't be turned off. Oh well! Here's my issue-- Dsi is broke so they bought "special" tracker iPads for us? Okayyy. And if any of you have worked for Dsi for more than 5 mins you know what a tech savvy company we are with our outdated computers and programs that won't work. Even our help desk makes fun of us. So I find it hard to believe we suddenly have cutting edge iPads.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to give you the bad news, but all pharma is like this. We are all tracked, scammed, lied too, but we are paid higher than most in sales. Yes, the stress is constant but if you do your job regardless of the pharma company you work for, you will come out ahead unless you have an A-- whole Manager. Too many of them out there and they don't get how to motivate their people! Talking Heads! It's all about them. They won't win the Gold Award for this same reason, unless they have incredible MC access and then it had nothing to do with them. Let's face it, did a Manager ever really help you be good at what you do? I have been doing this any other sales for a long time. No Manager in Pharma has ever really developed me. I pretended, but it was just the marketing mantra they wanted me to spout. So I did what was required of me while they were with me, and grew market share when they were not with me. We all get it! Corporate could save a lot of money if they understood what make a great manager. Empower your performers! Don't micro-manage your performers and they won't disappoint!!!! Track me if you wish, but don't give me crap about how to sell if I am selling!

My question to this poster is "If you are working, who gives a crap if they are tracking you?" There are days I am in the field so early for breakfasts and out late for dinner programs. I am working late on my laptop (sure they are tracking that too) to get my reports, training and my routing updated (for ME). If I have to leave the field for a personal specialty doctors appointment ( because they don't see patients after 5:00 pm) I do it (3:30). If my company comes after me for this type of crap, then I don't want to work for them.

Just saying, do what you can and do it well. If you hate this job, find another.

Good Luck!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post I've read on this board so far!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're getting roughly 100k in salary, bonus, car, and benefits for just driving around all day and dropping samples, maybe a 30 sec. DS sales pitch here and there.....yet you still find time to complain and worry about iPad tracking?

Come on......DS asks for so little.....just do an honest days work for 100k a year.....is that to hard to ask?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All true. TOO true. Those who complain about it so much should consider leaving both the company and the industry to see how the outside world is. This is a cake-walk compared to any other kind of sales job, and just about every other company in the industry has the same kinds of issues we face. No job is perfect; no company is perfect, but this is way better than most.