5 5 1

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They lie and love themselves..... Hell waits them.....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lies

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was no mention of 5 5 1. This was a global town hall, and these types of things involving US only wouldn't normally be discussed. So I am still hopeful!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS on this poster!!! Go back and watch the last 5 minutes of the video archive. 5 5 1 was one of the last questions Clark took in the Q&A. He even used the term "5 5 1" and said it ain't happening. He'd have a lot of explaining to do if they went ahead and rolled something like that out in October.

He did say, however, that "hand raising" is and will continue to be available to employees for the near term future.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what groups are able to raise hands and get a severance today?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, we know IT for sure. You should carefully poke around within your area to see if it is offered across Merck (US) or just certain areas. Remember that raising your hand only means that you have volunteered for separation. The leader would need to be able to eliminate the position (can not backfill) so may/may not be able to accept the your offer. Finally, the separations typically go in waves as they need to create HR documentation which also needs to be reviewed by legal so it is typically done in groups. Therefore, even if your hand raising was accepted it could take months to actually exit. Usually done by quarter

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sigh... you are right, those comments were made. Seems rather definitive that there is no "5 5 1"

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure if 551 is happening or not. It makes sense for 55 and older because they are pension eligible and this is the carrot to move them out. The fact that it was denied at town hall is not surprising. It will be made public only when HR is ready and will not be announced via town hall.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone in Bioinformatics at WP received a hand-raiser memo. Don't know the terms or how widespread.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something big to be announced this fall for separation package. If you dont get it, look out below because the deal will gone in 2015 and the severance will be reduced significantly!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous poster what evidence or credibility can you offer for your claim which I wish would be true?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

none

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a blabber mouthed friend in HR that supports MRL that told me so! I approached my management about it and they said something is coming but you are not getting it. Mother not done torturing us yet!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will this be the final shove for field sales? I just cannt see this being offered for fear of lawsuits from others who we're let go recently. I hope it is true.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Litigation is about the only thing this company is good at.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR can do whatever it wants to! 4300 yet to get the boot before the end of 2015,
    How can they accomplish that by piecemeal cuts?? 15 months cuts at 1.6 BILLION ?
    Come on you who know? Where there is smoke there is fire. PLEASE fill us in!!,

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone explain to me again what 15x15 is all about and is this how we are moving to contract sales force in 2015 ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

55 is crap! Why incentivize those who could leave now?? Let those of us 45+ have the option! Bridge us to 50, lump sum with lock in pension, we'd take the lock In, and the severance, and leave happy. Happy to get out of this mind game bullshit, and find a company that values it's employees. Plus you would save a boatload of money in the long run. Isn't that the goal anyway? When will HR look at the big picture?? NEVER..

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR will just have the BIG CUT next year with the reduced severance package, Why give you the 5 5 1, when they can just cut you next year and know those 55plus will be gone by Dec 2019...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The previous post is exactly how it will go down. Merck will not pay extra for people to leave. If you are under 51 with less than 10 years, (and getting close to 10), beware! HR has you on the hit list!