IT Issues

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

I am new to your site and would like to use this thead as input to our IS management and hope they read this. I would like other AZ IT people to respond on their feelings of IT in AstraZeneca.

I know we are not very well liked because of TS etc. Believe me, we wanted to put out a good product. There are alot of reasons and history as to why things happened the way it did.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please elaborate....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel sorry for you IT folks. Who is your CIO. There are two of them aren't there? I just checked your org chart. There are like 20 directors with no direct reports. That is mostly in this Client Engagement organization. How can IT approve and justify that many directors in that group? It boggles my mind how HR can approve that kind of stuff. You IT leadership guys are way too top-heavy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On vacation today. I did some math of the new IT organization.
    There are 140 of them
    24 are directors or better (band 6 or better) of those 14 have no direct reports

30 are Managers (band 5)

The peeons left are about 85

For every 1 manager there are about 1.5 peeons. Hey Tony Z. Do you see that?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So IT is not responsbile for touchstone- I know the program is one that is used by other co's- it is good for recording calls, but still has too many clicks.
    Touchstone interactive is a great idea, but impractical for the amount of time we have- physicians like to hold something and look at it- had to move to screens if they are trying to hold the computer to see it- absolutely useless in a lunch for multiple physicians unless you project it onto the wall. It is a huge failure- the consultant who rode with me also said so, but said AZ does not want to hear it, so we perpetuate the myth that it works. No manager has the balls to say it is ineffective- they do not want to lose there job. RSD's the same thing. Will some one tell Dave B the truth please? We need to be able to go out an sell- no other industry uses this platform to sell- especially anyone doing true commission only sales- they do what it takes to sell. Their hands are not tied by marketing metrics.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical HQ. IT has way toooooo many directors. How was this justified? Who is the CIO of this organization? Why is he/she letting this happen? We need more people that get things done not sit at a board room and admire themselves. This is pathetic....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the realistic view of TS--If I truly felt it would help in a selling situation I would use it--a lunch or somewhere that you have time--but realistically selling is about face to face interaction--probing, closing etc. We truly are the laughing stock but nobody has the guts to just say let's move on. We can still have the loaded visuals but let those who know how to sell---sell!!

20 year vet

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very simple: complain directly to the parties responsible. Their names are:

Curt Petrucelli, US CIO
    Rich Williams, Global CIO
    Heather Ems, Chief Apologist for Tombstone
    David Snow, HNIC for Tombstone

There are others, but that should help you get a start. AZ e-mail names follow the format firstname.lastname@astrazeneca.com. Stop bitchin and start snitchin'.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just to set the record straight...Heather did not cause the Touchstone debacle. She's actually one of the few people in IS that gets it and treats people fairly. Blame Touchstone on the lack of leadership and conflict management from Nancy "how do you spell I. S." and Amy the slave-driver (who both now sit in "leadership" roles). I wish Mike and Heather were back in charge of Commercial IS.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't blame HE. Blame NM and her inability to say no, manage conflict, or prioritize anything. What a joke role that she got in the new org. Has she done ANYTHING in the past 6 years?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the leader of that client engagement group that has all directors and no direct reports?

Give names please. They need to see their pathetic names in living web. Loosers...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NM has done nothing except smile with that shit eat'n grin of hers. What a people person.! Smiles at you and when your back is turned takes the rusted, dull butter knife and cuts your nuts off.

Be careful of her!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amy is that the one with the poster plastered all over the site?

Those posters are a joke. "I lead" Yes, I lead a bunch of indians to take your job. How hard is that to do. I bet NM help in making that decision. ugh...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

um...don't most companies have only 1 CIO. Seems like title inflation in the US to me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! They probably sit there and stroke each other's egos. Under neath them are a bunch of ass kissing yes men and women. I don't call them leaders they are just one notch above human.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably the only way he could justify having two Exec Directors, each with only 4 direct reports and no one under them. I can't believe TZ allows that.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude. They both are way above that level. Hey if leaders allow themselves free lunch vouchers ($7) at their pay scale they can allow anything.

In IT we have no money to do anything. It all comes from the hand-outs we get from the businesses. We must do what they want even if it is not the best of ideas.

This new IT organization is really going to suck. The words being spoken is nimble. What a joke. There will be more work to just start something it will make the business just go outside and get it done faster.

ARE YOU LISTENING LEADERSHIP? They probably will try to see what IP address these are at to expose us.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not so much the new organization as the people they've put in place at "leadership". They are the jokes. I wish I had goten severance instead of mapped or slated or whatever the hell HR calls it this week. There's only 4 people I would have wanted to work for who are any good, understand the business and treat their people right - DC, DD, HE, and KC. None of them got put in roles on the new "leadership" team. The rest are manage-up blow-hards.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MC was good to work under too. Shame he is leaving. Get a beer or 2 in him and he'll tell you what he and RW really think fo the current US IS crew.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking about HR. What a joke RB is. Do nothing does not no crap. Waste of space. In fact, the whole leadership team are not leaders. I am starting a IS petition on this site to see if others would ask them to stop the backroom crap. They (leaders) are all at a meeting one time and as each stood up the other shook their heads like little puppies waiting for their treat. Stroking their egos.

The new Client Engagement group. I cannot believe there is not enough people in AZ to put in that group. They have to look outside for that type of "talent". This group was never able to give advancement to their people. A bunch of x-Accenture cronies.