Happy 10th Anniversary MRL-Boston!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2014 8:04 AM
    To: MRL Boston-All Employees; MRL Boston-All Contractors
    Cc: Vessey, Rupert; Tillyer, Rich D; Perlmutter, Roger M
    Subject: Happy 10th Anniversary MRL-Boston!

Folks-
    Ten years ago today, a little over 70 people showed up for work for the first time at the brand new Merck facility in Boston. I was one of those people, and I'm happy to say that about half of us are still here. I'm sure that, like myself, those "originals" (and the many others who soon followed) share an enormous sense of pride and accomplishment to have been able to build a major Merck research site, essentially from scratch. During the last decade, we've experienced an huge degree of change in our company. What has remained constant, however, is the quality of the people, the rigor of our science, and the resilience of a culture that I believe is unique to Merck. I am heartened by the exciting role we have in Merck's future, from the creation of the BD&L innovation hub to the inclusion of new disease areas and the installation of a new biologics capability. Helping to start and maintain this site has been a highlight of my professional career. We're planning to officially mark this occasion later on in the fall. Meanwhile, I hope that when you next come in to work, you take a moment to mark this milestone, give the old building -- (or is it more of a juvenile in "building years" now? -- a good once over, and join me in wishing it and all of us a happy tenth anniversary. Here's to additional decades of breakthrough science and significant contributions to the advancement of human health.
    Thanks,
    -Scott

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG!

Scientific breakthrough? Significant contributions to the advancement of human health?
    Please name one, just one.
    Pause...silence...
    Exactly! That site is a scientific wasteland.

What planet is this guy from? "Beam me up, Scotty."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of the half that are no longer there but, when I was, I would have said the best thing about the site was the killer company paid Friday happy hours! They started around 2-3:00, catered in the best food and a full service bartender! Then audit came along.....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have met some of the Boston people, and they seem to be the most human compared to others sites, especially in NJ. Plus if you get canned in Boston, there are plenty of startups and other biotechs to jump to.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Berk must be on drugs. What an idiot.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on with Rupert Vessey ? How long will he last now that Joe is doing his job ?

Is there any truth to the rumor that he quit Merck Blue Bell before he got fired for nailing the help ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lex, I miss you man !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah, drugs that were never discovered at MRL Boston and never will.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Berk is just sucking up to save his sorry ass from the next round of layoffs. For all his years at Merck/Neogenesis, he's got nothing to show for it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott (the jerk) Berk is a pompous ass who walks around the fourth floor like he owns the place. Just another Merck human waste.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What became of Mark Goulet. Thought he was pretty good.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boston is possible at the expense of WP. Not sure that was a smart idea

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is good !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was good. Unfortunately, he lost himself by going into operations and becoming just another shill for the misguided leadership.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad. That move is always the kiss of death !

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark was a colleague and later boss at MRL Rahway. He's a farmboy from MI. Really smart and was an expert at reading people. He always held his cards close to his vest.
    He was ambitious and expertly planned all his moves. Always held his finger to the wind to know how to set his sails. In the end, his motivation was advancement, to move up from his farmboy roots, and make it, unlike his identical twin brother.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Robert Goulet was quite a successful singer and actor.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don’t blame this guy, blame management that continues to enable people like him. Rupert had a chance to change it all, and he didn’t. The same incompetent yes saying leaders that were responsible for bringing down MRL continue to do what they do best, say yes and preserve their own job. EDDS is and will only continue to be a complete failure because of it. And as far as Boston is concerned, it looks like a pretty building but they have a couple of astonishingly weak and clueless scientists running entire departments.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As in Immunology? Where did they find this guy, does he even have a science degree?