My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feel just like you--so I got out. The rep who is doing the minimal has no integrity although their ethics might be mirroring those of Merck. It is a shame and is so sad.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

work you ass off for that 2% raise. I will work less, spend more time going out and with my family and get 1%.
    Keep up the good work, you jackass.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here again. For all those bashers out there... FYI, I was the hard working rep that went the extra mile but now we have managers that use field visits to check boxes and tell us why we are now suddenly not competent in our jobs even though we have won awards in the past. These managers bring no value at all to my customers. I have a director who wants to spend time in the field. Really? Maybe he should apply for a rep job then because he brings no value to my customers either. I have seen great reps be put on a PIP and pressured just because they have some tenure with the company and are making a good salary. If you stay employed here until you are in your 50's you will get the same treatment. I understand that and have decided to quit busting my hump because in the end, it won't matter. Like the previous poster said why work your rear off for a 2% raise? Just apply my 15 x 15 and relax!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bashing you nor passing judgement. I was one of those tenured reps that became a PIP target overnight. I retired with 30 years under my belt. Personally I cannot do the 15 x 15 to get even. I think I will still be miserable even doing that against my own ethics and have to work with a manager and a director riding along regularly. Plus all the usual craps. I would have gone postal if I stayed because of the way I was coached towards the end. I was eating pills like candies.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't feel guilty at all. Mother screws her own every single day. There are some of us smart enough to beat her at her own game, realizing that we all end up working somewhere else, anyhow.

I refuse to let them get to me. I'll head fake them every day and, ultimately, tell them to go f--k themselves. No pills for me. I hate what this company has become.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do too. My anger got the best of me and no amount of faking or acting was going to suppress it so I had to get out and am in what I'd call a transitional position. I really am suprised we haven't had major incidents from the treatment Merck has dished on some.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think Merck care to keep track of how many former reps became severely depressed to the point of suicide, divorce, or turn into a basket case. I know of one rep that had a panic attack on his way to yet another skill meeting and did not board the plane. His doctor recommended that he changed career or else. One that quit on the second day of a skills meeting ran by a manager trying to showcase to a visiting director. A friend said he was waking up in the middle of the night gripped with fears and heart pounding. He started popping Xanax. One rep literally wanted to drop off his manager in the country during a field visit. That manager is now at the HQ and faked crying at the last national meeting. So many called me just to chat, all depressed, families in jeopardy, all senses of self worth gone, etc.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How Merck has changed since I was hired 32 years ago is simply breathtaking. I have no breath left to take and am relieved to be able to retire. My deep condolences to all I leave behind. It should never have had to come to this. I'll try to remember only the good times and our most admired days and shall try to forget all the bad that seemed to exceed the good in the end.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't have near the years in that you do partner, but my story is the same...Ended up in Merck's crosshairs "magically" when I turned 50...suddenly no longer competent according to Merck managment...

was eating Xanax like there was no tomorrow...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While Merck's R&D may have run dry, they have perfected the art of ruining people's lives...
    No one does it better than Mother Merck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too developed constant panic attacks b/c of the manager/job. Lived with them for almost one year before I got Pipped out the door (which I wanted!). Was so happy to be done and gone, and the attacks stopped instantly, and I'd never had a single one in my life before the job bs. I've never heard of any other industry causing so many people to develop anxiety attacks and having to live on Xanax. Have you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea...I had anxiety from my manager....now I'm having anxiety attacks I have no income and no job offers.

Somehow I'd take the managers BS again.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure what to say. During my PIP and before I chose to retire with enough years for a decent pension, my former manager said he wished I would resign on my own as he continued to escalate the pressure. He was surprised this old farty was so resilient that it took longer than usual to break. What he did not understand was people in their 50's do not have as many other options and they tried to sweat it through longer for their families.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw my former manager's FB profile the other day. He looks older but on the surface, "as happy as ever". May be you can get used to getting rid of people with PIPs and it became just a routine part of your job?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading all of this, if one can't take pride in Merck there is no hope for you. What an incredibly gifted employer Merck is. Oh yes, BE WELL. Be well treated? Be well fed? Be well...what exactly does that mean Merck? Be well executed? Be well terminated? I give up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP back again. Ahhhh.... I'm really starting to work this 15 x 15 gig. Last week I took my wife on an overnight trip. I ordered lunch from a posh italian bistro and had them add in two nice dishes for dinner as well as apps and dessert. And the manger also hid a nice bottle of merlot in the bill to boot. So we came back to the quaint bistro in the evening for a nice free meal. Thanks mother Merck! That lunch was the only work I put in over a three day period although it was a 2 hour lunch. I'm gonna call in sick for a couple days in the next few weeks and my wife and I are going to fly to NYC to do some Christmas shopping. I have never called in sick like this before to play hooky but I know many people that do and use sick time for personal use. I'm gonna start doing it too. Screw them!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's impressive. Beautiful work. What's good for the goose...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! I'm really impressed by this level of chicanery. Keep up the excellent ;) work!! I thought I was pretty good but from what you've described, you're truly at the master's level.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

after working with my manager last week on a field visit and after all the problems he caused for me and for a couple of my doctors, I am through. I am now implementing the 15X15 plan as outlined here. I dont even know if I will work the 15 hours, but, I am through with all the games and make believe. They strip us of our old titles and tell us it doesnt matter what we did in the past, our track record doenst count anymore, etc. Well, thats great. Now they get the 15X15 plan. I am one of many here in the area that are putting this into action, and Im not exaggerating. We have talked about this thread. Im wondering how many reps in the company are actually doing more of this 15X15 plan? When you have enough of them doing it, revenue will decrease even more, and then those punks at the top will have a harder time getting their millions of dollars in bonuses. Oh yeah, thats right-they will get their bonuses anyway because they will cut as many reps as they have to make their money. maybe we should start the equivalent of OWS here at merck. lets have a national day of not working...and not say a thing to anybody

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This job has seemed a lot like ows ever since I began in 1980. I couldn't believe the breaks we'd take during the day compared to what I had been used to in my previous jobs. Since you can hardly call what we do as reps "work" I don't think our not working would have any effect whatsoever in a negative sense to Merck. We've all been doing some variant of the 15X15 plan to a lesser or greater extent for years. We make believe what we do has some significance, but other than keeping some bean counter or our manager(s) happy, it really doesn't matter. I'm thinking of writing a book titled "It Really Didn't Matter" when I get out of here. Over the years when socializing and getting asked about what I do for a living, people would all tell me they wished they had my job with its freedoms, fun, and favorable pay. I use a different "f" word when talking about it now and I've found nobody wishing they had my job anymore.