request for civility

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a request that will undoubtedly result in insults from some, but I feel a need to throw out there.

There have been a number of criticisms of individuals in posts, which for the most part I don't have a problem with. What I hope everyone will consider is, can we agree do that using initials (or first name, last initial) or titles so that most people inside Applied know who it refers to without stating the actual name of the person? In the age of social media technology anybody can do a google search on anybody, and the implications can be far-reaching. This includes, friends, relatives , prospective employers and anybody else. You may not agree with or like the individual, or you may carry a grudge over feeling you were wronged by him/her, but does it warrant potentially affecting the person's future employment options or even relationships? Imagine someone's child googling their parent (or parent googling their child) to find insulting posts about his/her intelligence or professional shortcomings.

I am not someone who has been the subject of these posts and in fact I don't know those people. I'm also not one of Said's cheerleaders, and am as unhappy working for Applied as most posters on this site. I just believe we should agree to behave in a professional and ethical manner and identify people we want to criticize in a way that gets the point across but keeping it within our own firewall, as I'm sure each of us would want if we find ourselves on the receiving end some day.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck. The 5-6 individuals named over and over again on here need to be publicly called out because they have grossly negatively affected lives of past and present employees of Applied Medical. Whether it be lack of compassion, out of touch with reality mgmt styles, the horrific benefits, or the termination of an employee, it's about time all these people who have done harm get a dose of their own medicine. They have wronged MANY people over the yrs And continue to think they can keep on ruling the way they do. Consider it retribution. If they want to stop the posts on this board, they probably should have thought about their actions before they wronged so many employees. This is a public ANONYMOUS forum and will continue to operate that way. I don't believe anyone needs to threaten an individual or speak ill of their family (unless said family is involved in poor mgmt decisions as it relates to THE BUSINESS), but anything that relates to the day to day operations of the company is fair game in my mind.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't want people mentioning you by name then act professionally and ethically. Telling people what their 401K will be and then not honoring it, or telling people that they will earn an amount and getting no where close to that after hiring them, etc is also not professional. Having managed people now over the last 5-6 years (not for Applied) I have no problem having anyone call me out by name. Why? Because prior to hiring someone I tell them what they are going to make and it is accurate. I tell them the 401k policy and it is accurate. I tell them vacation, benefits, expectations, quota achievement, etc and it is accurate. Has everyone worked out? Nope, but I can tell you even the people I have had to fire have nothing personal to say about me. I have a very good relationship with most still. If you don't want your name tarnished them don't do things that make people want to tarnish your name.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have to say I agree with the above posters on this one on all fronts. No need to make threats, but the individuals primarily named on here have brought this on themselves. They aren't held accountable for THEIR actions, yet everyone under them is? I don't get it......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fuck you said

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever the idiot was that started this post should suggest that to the loser Groshans as it appears he doesn't consider anything except himself. I hope his kids read all about his antics on these posts and see what kind of person he is. Oh wait they already know.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who are the top 5 asshats at Applied? Grosshans seems to be firmly in the driver's seat for the number 1 spot. Dave McElroy appears to be in line for the number 2 spot. Does anyone have different candidates for the top two? Who rounds out the top 5? No initials, let's name names!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ed Judy is a tool!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ted Stanley. Anyone with "Hilal" in their last name. Oh wait.....there's actually not many of those since everyone married in or is a cousin of someone from Shang-ra-la

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grosshans and Stanley for sure are the worst. Grosshans is one of those people who has been promoted to a position beyond his capabilities. Which can happen at times, but typically those people are relieved of their position as they create too much havoc in an organization and cannot make effective decisions. Sound familiar. Stanley is so checked out he really doesn't care and he can't manage all of Grosshans inabilities and allows him to run wild. Is it really a surprise that a lot of good people are leaving or have already left and Said doesn't appear to care. Donahue is the only decent manager left at applied and I am sure Grosshans has a plan to get rid of him also as he is the biggest threat to his takeover. Better watch your back John. Ask yourselves if applied was a more effective team prior to Grosshans. Hmmmm it's pretty clear.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never understood why people like you who don't manage anything are always smarter than upper management. You're such a flippin genius.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me dumb it down for you genius. The person it spot on. Probably because they are intelligent, educated and can see clearly. Which is obviously hard for YOU when your head is up someones ass.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm...intelligent, educated and can see clearly. Yup. Must be spot on.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poster has been unmasked! ID: Dennis Grosshans

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

..........strike 1. Try again.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who works or has worked at Applied knows this is Said speak. If you have been at a All Hands meeting, this is how he always speaks when asking others to better, but then never does the same himself. Example do not speed through the parking lot, not only does he but in reverse with no regards to those walking by, I stay close to the cars if I see out there. Another example, please do not jaywalk, biggest culprit, Said and his cronies. Though this is an anonymous board, if you are going to request no names, have the balls to give your name, haha.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Donahoe chews tobacco spits it in a cup and tells others, "Good job"

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't wait until this company gets sold or fizzles away like an old cougar who used to be really hot and won't admit she's way past her prime. Go away with some respect guys. You're all pathetic

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ive never posted to a site like this, but finally felt compelled. I worked at Applied for 6 years in a few different positions. Im no longer working here and have since moved on to another company in the industry and WOW..why did I put up with this place for so long! Its an amazing feeling to finally be somewhere that actually cares about their employees and (gasp) treats us with respect, doesn't lie to us, and compensates us fairly!

Here is an honest and true snapshot of life at Applied. Said Hilal preaches to all new employees how Applied is all about being a "partner" with hospitals and is in the business for the good of the patient..blah blah blah. He couldn't be more hypocritical. He and his immediate family members line their pockets with huge salaries while 95% of everyone else in R&D, factory workers, sales force, and product managers are grossly underpaid. Morale here is even worse. Leadership and management across all job, especially the sales force, is non existent. Managers work on threats, fear, and intimidation to get results. Sales reps are told in the hiring process they will make far more than is remotely possible. Commission plans are changed quarterly at times, and even during the quarter without even telling the sales team! If you dare to speak up to address something you'd like to change, or think is unfair, you are labeled as non compliant and a target is put on your back. Sales positions have the highest turnover in the industry for a company this size. I really feel badly for the reps, as management truly doesn't care about them and would sees 0 value in them.

Management. All I can say is most managers have only worked at Applied, therefore they don't understand how do fully develop their people, motivate them, and create a dynamic working environment. This is especially true in the sales team. Those of us who worked at RSM know how bad the morale is. They will throw you under the bus, run you over, then back the truck up again for good measure.

Now the factory workers..one look into this area makes you think about sweatshops Nike runs in China. The staff work so hard and are grossly underpaid. Employees struggle to put food on the table, literally. Product managers are basically hired right out of college with no experience and a new one shows up it seems every day. They get a year of experience and run for the hills only to be replaced by the next naive college grad.

If you are looking at an offer from Applied, think LONG and in depth over it because the turnover is extremely high for a reason. Unless you are related to the CEO or a small handful of his loyalists, good luck making a career here. There are a lot of talented people working here too, its just too bad management can't maximize the talent they do have. Im thankful to be in a better place now, but at least it made me realize what I do not ever want in a company ever again

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1