This place is dysfunctional

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is afraid of its own shadow. I don't know how we sell anything and I regret taking this job. No innovation and leadership is small minded. I play/work to win and this place is full of people who play not to lose. Very few are accountable here. It's had to get stuff done because the culture is to pass everything along to someone else instead of taking action and ownership. As I've gotten to know more people here, I think there are two types: those who sell out, go through the motions and do a rewardless job or those who stay for a short time and use the experience to move on. Personally, I will be moving on and putting biosurgery in my rear view window.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

unfortunately, you are right. It once was a great place to be (8 years ago plus). Everyone was pumped up, and we actually had some innovation (including good aquisitions). But then the good general managers (Gordon Sutherland and prior) were ousted and replaced with Ron Lloyd and Elena S who literally drove the business into the ground. They commoditized the business, demoralized the staff, victimized the sales force, and spent hundreds of millions on poor business acquisition, and were able to escape accountability for the whole time period. And sadly enough they both still work at Baxter.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sutherland? The man who was so insistent on adding Adept to the sales bag was the good GM? Let's be honest here, Biosurgery was crushing it because Floseal and Tisseel sales were off the charts each year, demand driven by a great sales team at a time when hospital access was wide open and surgeons got what they wanted. Senior leadership didn't make these products a commodity, healthcare reform did. I do agree that poor acquisitions didn't help the matter, but the good old days are long gone for all medical device companies.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yup

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is spot on!
    The Marie Keeley's are still loitering around doing nothing!
    Glad to be leaving and real soon, so much garbage to take out and no one seems to want
    to take it to the curb.

Left with pure mediocrity!
    Baxter synonymous with below average!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the good ole' days are gone for this industry but they are also gone for a lot of other industries too. The best companies adapt and find ways to keep their people engaged and motivated. Baxter fails at this.
    Synovis could have been a good acquisition but we couldn't manage the product and all that goes with it and sales declined. Leadership should be embarrassed that with the Baxter name and resources we sold less after the product was ours. Now that it's been farmed out, stand back and watch. The sales will start to rise again because a small company without resources or a name actually has some drive, focus and accountability. Someone will be rewarded for farming it out but I guarantee nobody was punished for failing with it in the first place.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey genius, Synovis saw financial decline 3 straight years prior to Baxter purchasing the albatross. Year end figures were prettied up like lipstick on a pig by raising prices 3 consecutive years to make up for declining unit sales. Now you had products with barely any market share that couldn't compete on price. Brilliant. Sad part? There's a sucker born every minute.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a Baxter sell out with that attitude. Veritas is a good product Baxter just didn't have the leadership or mojo to do anything with it. Little market share means huge opportunity. Price could have been dealt with if Baxter wasn't so ignorant.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not a complete loss. Baxter still got PSD and MCA out of the deal. The Coupler seems like a neat product.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If our leadership was as good as our products, we would be unstoppable.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its hard to be dysfunctional when you stop all function, remove any progress and continue to prevent ourselves from doing things that are actually in the interest of the customer

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard a rep call BBS, "The Island Of MISFIT TOYS."

...If the boot fits...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A squirt gun that shoots jelly

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No*child*wants*to play with a*Charlie-in-the-Box...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you think about the ODP program?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is ODP??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm down with ODP

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah you know me

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BBS reps can't sell. At least the Synovis reps had relationships.
    Synovis products were low focus. OK, how at BBS thought that Peri-Strips were an adjunct to FLO and Tiss? Idiot!
    Veritas, in several specific procedures, is a good product. How do you transition an order-taker to a device sales reps? Say what you want, BBS couldn't do it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Impossible. We use SPIN selling. There is no way we can fail using SPIN! This is 2003 you know, therefore its unstoppable .