Vision Territory Manager

Discussion in 'Bausch & Lomb' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any feedback on this position? I just interviewed and manager/ASM were great. Tough, but fair, and very professional. Seems like a great opportunity for someone young like me, but always like to hear opinions. Coming from molecular pathology...interested also in comp plan and how docs respond to Ultra lenses. TIA.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go check out all the posts on Valeant..... Not a company you'd want on your resume!!!! Especially starting off in the Area

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome. Thanks for the completely unhelpful feedback, along with your middle-school usage of exclamation marks.

If anyone has actual knowledge or helpful feedback, I'd be appreciative.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Product not doing well due to lack of resources
    stress is high from all the constant changes. They change things around often and even as a new hire i can tell the difference from other companies I've been with. I'm wondering if i made the right choice by coming here. i feel like this company scrambles to get things done. Place is in total disarray & professional is NOT a word used to described anything that exists here. Don't believe anything they promise at interview it will change

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good deal, much appreciated. My current company is a disaster with the CEO making sales decisions, call points changing constantly, etc, so the whole 'change' thing doesn't really bother me. I have zero resources now working for a specialty lab, but that is concerning as well. The manager was open about why the changes were made, and the direction going forward. The process has been great and as professional as I've seen, which is nice as some of my other prospects have been disastrous.

Can you give any heads up on the comp plan and what specific "resources" you are referring to?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most important element of your position is that you have to be capable of blowing your boss and all above him and be blown by all your direct reports and everyone below

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you would be good at blowing

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why dont you call a few reps around the country or in your vacinity? You would get a better feel than asking on this bullshit board.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best advice ^
    Always makes me wonder why people feel entitled to be spoon fed info to prep for a job: details of ic plan? Really? Not something I share with those close to me never mind air it out on a social media site. Seriously. Enough with the handholding if complete strangers. Save it for qualified candidates.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an Asshole!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I doubt this guy is even applying for a job. Seems like someone sent here to just say that the hiring process is great and professional and that it sucks at other companies. Please! Give me a break. I call bullshit on this.
    If you can't find some of us who already work for Valeant to talk to and get a sense of what it's like, that means that you haven't even tried. Quit the bullshit.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big swing and a miss, partner.

I've talked to 2 other reps, but they obviously weren't comfortable with some of my questions. One was kinda rude, so I ended the convo. I interviewed with CJ. Big dude with a decent beard. I was screened by Dawn at Valeant who is from New York. Her husband is a pharmacy rep.

I hope you're a better salesman than detective, sport. Bend over and accept your humongous fail.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See below.

If the other candidates are as dumb as you guys, I'm a shoe in, lol

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. This is funny. Because I could counter that I would expect someone sent by them to know them, ain't that right partner? But I ain't got that kind of time.

So if you've interviewed, sign the offer and join us pal. Mostly quit fucking around and wasting time on bullshit threads like this.
    Welcome on board and most importantly good luck. You'll need it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree man , this guy is not the real deal..... Some fuckwit manager I reckon fishing for info
    Quit wasting folks time!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey potty mouth. Are you like 25 and still live with mom and dad?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going to work for B&L was the worse mistake of my life. The interview process was challenging, but I like a challenge. I was told during the interview how different selling lenses was compared to Pharma, we do things differently. We don't have to follow Pharma's Sunshine Act. Well yes you do. Was not told that B&L was part of Valient. The training was a joke. No one could tell exactly how, where or when to get information. Then it just got chaotic. Micro managed, changing directions everyday,endless conference calls. Our manager told us to do things to make our numbers that the people above told not to do. I left a few months ago and could not be happier. I do talk to some of my old team mates, they say they are out the door soon. I actually got one a job interview with my new company. I make more money and dont have to micro managed or be on any more stupid conference calls. Oh by the way the Ultra lens is just an OK lens. I was told that everyday by my OD's. Even on that speaks for the company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a lot of fire drills and constant change. The people here are amazing, some of the best I've ever worked with, but upper management constantly changes direction. You have to be very flexible to work as a Vision care territory manager. It's not for everyone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You "were not told that B& L was part of Valeant"??? Thats the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time! Whaaaaaa, boo-hoo. Lemme get you a tissue. Do you realize what a ding dong you are? You didn't check out the company? You did not know who offered you a job? You did not read the paperwork? Come on. You don't think any of us believe you, do you!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the blowing......tell us more about the blowing part.....