Tenured Reps

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2015 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A question to all reps with let's say 8+ years at Takeda. Senior Sales Reps, Territory Managers and Sr. Territory Managers. Are any of you feeling like Takeda is trying to squeeze you out of the company for one reason or another?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

We are more valuable to the company and worth every $$. We have proven tracks records in both sales and leadership ability. Why are you asking this question?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12 years and findint that my mgr is all over me with nitpicky stuff. treats me different than the newer reps and not different in a good way. seems to be trying to wear me down over sales results more than others with similar numbers.
    started noticing this within the last 1-2 years and am interested to hear what others have t say.
    if responding, how many years with takeda and your experience

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it helps in any manner mine does it to ALL of his reps; 6 months to 13 years. Pick, pick, tweak, tweak. What we do is NEVER good enough; do more reports, not enough lunches, too many lunches; reach an frequency always sucks even if your off by a half dozen, NO EXCUSES.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Starting with the 2010 downsizing,Takeda has adopted the industry-wide mindset that tenured reps are being paid to much,relationships and rapport don't matter,and that they can hire a monkey off the street to take their place and not miss a beat.Stupid fu##ers sooo out of touch with the reality in the field,where docs will yell you that they want,and will spend more time with, tenured reps who have the experience and understanding on how to use the little time they have,most effectively!Takeda is now a "follower"and will do what big pharma is doing,even if it is flawed.Note that it was the tenured sales staff that got Takeda to 20th ranking in 2009.Where is Takeda ranked now??????NUTBAGS!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really good point. Not that many years ago Takeda was strutting around like a peacock with that Top 20 rank by industry. Many product launches and management shifts in the right direction could have moved us up in the ranks, not down.
    Sad story, textbook model of mismanagement from the top down to middle management

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you be any further from the truth?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is takedas model for lay off. Unethical bs lies about performance of tenured reps to push out. Just check around with other tenured reps that had stellar reviews and performance then pushed out with the same lies and deception. Don fool yourself it starts at the top. Hr is involved. When there is a lawsuit let us know. There are TONs of reps lined up for that one and we are all talking

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps with 8+ years of experience at Takeda?

So you mean those talentless fucks who couldn't find another sales job to jump to?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former tenured rep with thirteen years experience and TONS of success during that time, I can attest to Takeda's method for ridding themselves of higher salaried representatives. They will make your life miserable enough to make you quit and don't have to pay out severance. I have documented proof of how I was treated differently from co-workers despite fulfilling all job requirements outlined by the company, including sales numbers. If a lawsuit is filed, I'll sign up to testify!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they try to pull this on you its time to get a lawyer, changes the game completely.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please explain how this is a game changer. what did lawyer do to get takeda to back down

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I echo the above remarks.Before 2010,this was never the case,now it is the norm.The Takeda cesspool continues to stink even more.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This EXACT thing happened to me. 13+ years with meeting every requirement, winning tons of awards, going above and beyond, out there 8-5+ every day, working a ton at home and suddenly I am a piece of crap! I could document how I was treated differently than every other rep in my district, given a different set of standards to meet compared with what was expected of everyone else! My manager was on my case 24/7, I had other reps calling ME for help with questions because our manager was so focused on getting rid of me he didn't have time to ride with them or answer their questions. Kept thinking I could fix things and prove myself when I think it was a done deal to begin with, only to be let go with no severance and insurance ending the next day…pretty harsh after 13 years but mission accomplished by Takeda: they are rid of one more highly compensated employee!! The only silver lining to this is that I now have a job I love where people appreciate what I do and tell me so! There is definitely (a better) life after Takeda!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG - the same thing happened to me. A word to the wise for current reps: save all that great money you are making so that you are prepared when you are pushed out. It's only a matter of time. They SHOULD just get rid of District Managers - who are riding with reps constantly to justify their own jobs. The reps are the ones making Takeda money, DMs are just overhead!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can tell yourself that but you are just one bad manager away from being pushed out!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Takeda doesn't get rid of bad Dms it exposes them to liability especially if they re doing things like promoting off label. If you challenge, correct, or report your Dm they will try to come after you

The mgrs never change and neither do the isht results

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a manager who was an off-label promoting, pharma-guideline ignoring nightmare!! And what do they do with him? Promotion!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sign me up! I have lots of proof!! Like a not-so-bright manager who wrote right in my coaching log that I wouldn't do some things that were against pharma guidelines!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing with KMAT,she was promoted,and was a DMV that was clueless that even her fellow DM's could stand.I was one of them.Dumb as a post!