Actavis says Warner Chilcott unit held talks to settle U.S. probe

Discussion in 'Warner Chilcott' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2015 at 12:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis says Warner Chilcott unit held talks to settle U.S. probe

(Reuters) - Drug maker Actavis Plc said its Warner Chilcott unit held talks with U.S. government officials to discuss a potential resolution of an investigation into the unit's sales activities, according to a regulatory filing.

"The company has met with the government to discuss the status, and a potential resolution of, its investigation," Warner Chilcott said in a regulatory filing.

Warner Chilcott said the company and several of its employees in the sales organization received subpoenas in 2012 from the United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts.

The subpoenas demanded information related to sales and marketing activities, payments to people who are in a position to recommend drugs, medical education and employee training, including physician remuneration, in connection with certain Warner Chilcott products.

The case is related to two lawsuits filed by former Warner Chilcott's sales representatives that accuse the company of promoting several of its products by making improper claims about the products and providing kickbacks to physicians.

Actavis agreed to buy specialty pharmaceutical company Warner Chilcott Plc for $5 billion in May 2013 to expand its branded drug portfolio, lower taxes and increase profits.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was this talk? There is no date on the article. Thanks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm being told that individuals are still going to be charged. Could be gossip, I don't know but I think the company gets charged then individuals. I do not know for certain. Does anyone have an idea of who will be charged? Is it mostly top executives or will charges be brought as low as sales reps? I heard a while ago that they are not looking to prosecute below District Managers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Article was dated May 14, 2015.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on with this

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Individual reps most definitely will be charged. Look at DOJ case law.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope reps do get charged. You people were buying scripts all the time and were directed to do so. Your company is slim and you broke every Pharma guideline there is. We all watched you do it. I cannot tell you all the stories nurses and doctors use to tell me over lunch about what you people were providing for them. Corrupt shit, all of you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company should get charged and the higher ups.