abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many reps were hired on the new sales force? When is the launch meeting?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And US sales were?????? Crickets again?

It's one thing for any CEO to paint a pretty picture for the outside public. But there's an old saying about what happens when we BS ourselves.

Reading between the lines, or listening to the internal chatter, I would say that we are not BS'ing ourselves.... at least at the levels that matter. From Duncan on down we are feeding the mushrooms.

Miles knows that any future for ADC is outside the US. Maybe that's enough to hang on to ADC. Maybe not. But it is incontestable that in the US, ADC is dead in the water, and a big drain on profits.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree. But if ADC remains an OUS play and makes money, why not? It will not bode well for those employed here in Alameda but that business.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are still at ADC you have received a life sentence on death row. Dead man walking!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because it's small potatoes without the US market. ABT does not like small potatoes, unless they can see it growing into a very big global potato.

But this will not be a big potato for ABT. He knows the new technology will change the game, and that technologymis outside ABT's scope of business, both in capability and mission. He is no fool, and will no more try to chase the new technology than he would take ABT into fashion merchandise, toys, or the food business. All would be equally as ludicrous for ABT.

And he knows that it is only a question of when, not if, the rug will be pulled out of from under him OUS, just as it was in the US, on all existing technology, including what ABT can cobble together handing old ADC R&D to third world "R&D". Think Libre.

Lastly, we already know ABT wants out of BGM exactly because it's the most cost efficient technology. ABT is not in the commodity game. That's the game in the US and in emerging Asian and other markets.

Yes, in the short term, it does not bode well for ADC US. Perhaps until the end of 2015. If we're lucky. OUS, they have more time, maybe 12 - 18 months, before it is sold off.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your are correct. ADC took Navigator and made Libre from it. It is a good idea and sells, well, and has changed the diabetes monitoring market.

With that said, with so many new ways of monitoring possible will ABT spend the tens of millions necessary to keep ahead. The answer : NO.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Libra is a game changer. Thanks ADC.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember this?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you were left behind ADC to die a slow death. The real talent left ADC for Abbott Vascular going on 2 years ago.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Slow death is correct. Just sitting here at ADC waiting for the next layoff and my severance.
    I have 6.5 years here, should get at least 4 months I figure.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 months may sound like a lot but it's nothing. 6 month minimum is always the goal with a severance. 12+ is ideal!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does my car need rear wheel realignment or is this a front end problem?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sir Dunky is your problem young lad.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you need a scientific advanced degree to rep for ADC? Heard their meters are very scientific and technical sell.

17. Fernando

Fernando Guest

Re: abbott diabetics or Pizza Sunday?

No just some experience selling used cars.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too legit, too legit to quit, too legit, too legit to quit Too legit, too legit to quit, too legit, too legit to quit Get buck, get buck, get buck, get buck, get buck Get buck, get buck, get buck, get buck, get buck Get buck, get buck, get buck, get buck, get buck

My people we don't know defeat we crush the strong and Percolate the weak daily, everyday we make our moves to Improve our groove because we love to rule where we

Lay yo, work and play we started at the bottom and Now we're leading the way and yea, yea, I'm havin' a fit kickin' it At the top because I'm too legit to quit, sang Too legit, too legit to quit, hey, hey too legit too Legi,t too legit to quit, hey too legit, too legit to quit
    Too legit, too legit, too legit to quit Hey, hey, hey, hey too legit to quit, too legit to quit
    We're rolling on, we're rolling on, we're rolling on, we're rolling on He's on top, he's on top, he's on top, he's on top Goin' to burn it up, goin' to burn it up, goin' to burn it up
    Goin to burn it up, too legit to quit, too legit to quit We're rollin on, hey, hey, hey, too legit

Too legit, too legit to quit, hey, hey too legit too Legi,t too legit to quit, hey too legit, too legit to quit Too legit, too legit, too legit to quit

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is smoke and mirrors! Just wait until someone actually opens up the books and takes a real look at what's coming in vs going out. Enron of the biopharm world. People are all talentless retreads from other companies that never proved themselves.