CardioSom

Discussion in 'Respiratory' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of a new home respiratory company called CardioSom? Anybody know anything about them at all?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only one I know of is down in south Florida. They break just about every Medicare law you can think of. Even worse is that every respiratory company they compete against knows it in a "its common knowledge" type way. Im guessing they wont be around long.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my area they are known as a high service and high integrity company.

Too bad you are getting your butt kicked!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only part is that its not my butt thats gonna hurt when this whole thing is over! Prison sucks!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mmmm, does that mean a lincare whore would fit in? how do they PAY and treat their center managers? they are expanding big time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly the competition knows nothing about Medicare laws. Keep pushing those unit dose meds!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought this outfit was a part of Sleep MD or MD Sleep or whatever the name. I think this is the dme equipment division. The other division cuts deals with doctors to own sleep labs which MD Sleep manages.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cardiosom is great company that has wonderful patient care. There model is not like lincare or apria which tends setup patients and forget about them. Cpap is their specialty and they also setup 02 as well. Cardiosom uses superior equipment compared to their competition. Followup and complance are number one at Cardiosom. Good luck try to compete against them because I am having a hard time competing against them in my state.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on now goober. Even a three year old can see through this one. If you are competing with them which I think not, you would go ahead and add that it never hurts to manage the source of your referral's business. It's the tried and true patient gets a choice line. Yeah, sure they do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, The patient choice discussion was meant to unbundle Part A services from hospital discharges. It does not apply to Medicare part B services. The only criteria is that you cannot limit access to services.

Secondly, the CMS will eventually reward companies that can do it all under a DRG.

The Aprias and Lincare's of the world will eventualy become irrelevant.

Wonder why CardioSom is growing so fast while others are fighting for the scraps of decreased reimbursements and cappped rentals?

Bring it on......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you saying that patients have no choice or say in who provides their equipment if they are being studied in one of your managed sleep laboratories? Most hospitals that I have delat with have policies that are designed to encourage patient choice. I'm not at your level when you talk about Part A undbundling, but in my world, hospitals might have to disclose their financial relationship to say a home health agency by law, but in general they provide lists to patients. I realize that in reality that all of the choice hype and lists are probably meaningless but that's what I see. So if I own a cpap company and my uncle comes to your or your doctors/hospitals laboratory and he needs a cpap machine, he will be getting it from you?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not if he wants it from somewhere else. Thats what access means.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cardiosom is getting ready to hire new reps all over the country, launch new programs, and integrate for managed care.

Say goodbye to the old model ie Lincare, Apria and others.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CardioSom just got a large Sleep system in In Florida. They are getting all of the PAP and most of the oxygens.

Any idea on how to stop them. I live in a small northern town and they are starting to make a lot of noise up here as well.

Any word on these guys. They are growing like crazy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These guys are real dirtbags. And how do I know that you ask? Because I work for the jerks. At least for a few more weeks. A little birdie told me they are looking for my replacement. How dare I want average salary!! So they are looking for some other fool who like me didn't research until after I was hired what a proper salary was and took them for being anything close to human. Thats fine. I don't want my license OR name associated with them any longer. They are cutthroat, dishonest, unorganized, and trying to expand too fast. They are constantly looking for new investors because they are losing tons of money. Hope their funeral comes quickly!!! Once I'm history, I will come back and share the embarrasing details.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we will be interested in what you have to say. They must have one hell of a legal group working for them. Of course, Big Brother is always watching and waiting to put another headline out to the public. Better be careful, this one smells of investigation.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally, I don't trust any company that doesn't name its C-levels and board on it website. I had to Google to get a name. Turns out CadioSom's parent company is Dormir. Dormir also doesn't provide names at their website.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, too, used to work for them. They're a good company founded on good principles but they've wandered away from that and now it's all about the $$$. Their VP of Operations is a vindictive troll. They say that they're staffed by respiratory therapists but they're really wanting to have the main staffing be medical assistants to save $$$.

Stay clear of them if you can.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing next week for a Medical Sales Rep position with CardioSom. Can anyone share with me what to expect? Base salary ranges? Training? Coming from Pharma......