Afrezza Rapid Acting Insulin from Mannkind

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing a lot of chatter regarding gsk partnering up with mannkind to market their new rapid acting prandial insulin for diabetes. Wonder if any rep has been trained regarding this. Love to talk to pcp regarding this new drug. I'm from the south with population heavy with diabetic patients.

any words will help

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the...and...if...but...maybe...gazelle...umbrella...these are the only helpful words I can think of right now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure would help to have another product in our bag. Hope the chatter is true!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We would be selling against our marketing strategy for Tanzeum. So probably not true.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, it very well may be true. Tanzeum is third to market with another GLP-1 on the way from Lilly. Rumor is that if we hit our sales goal in Sem 1, we will demonstrate our ability to sell. Would make a partnership more violable with mankind.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

inhaled insulin is not a winner. what if you have copd? asthma? a cold with excess mucus? Will the absorption be consistent, or coughed up in a phlegm ball? If always before meals, who will be willing carry an insulin bong around? Needles are really no big deal and far convenient, with different types of insulins avaialble.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lilly is making a play for it !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK will not get this product to market. Mannkind is going to partner with a company who actually rewards their sales teams for scripts/market share. They want to make their money with Afezrza!!! This product took a long time to come to market and a lot of money was invested to make it a reality... Lilly may very well get it or any other company not doing Patient First.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reminds me of our failure with Horizant. Had a chance to interact with commercialization head at Xenoport. He said he didnt understand what we were doing with our IC plan, and he had no way to explain it to the investment community. They ran away from us as fast as possible

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The IC plan was not inculcated hence company value was destroyed. the NPV was incorrectly calculated so the aftermath of the situation was determined prior to the outset of implementation. heads will roll for this one. perhaps restructuring internal ops to improve long term opex. what do you think?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The short tiny needles are amazingly not painful at all. Very easy and convenient.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This launch will bomb just like all of the others. Patient First Baby!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left GSK last to sell the best GLP-1 agonist on the market. If you think mealtime insulin truly competes with a GLP-1...please I hope you're the GSK rep in my territory! wooohoooooooo! (But hey, I will give you points for a little postprandial coverage). It's a progressive disease. Everyone will end up, or should end up on mealtime for the best control by late stage disease. GLP-1 will work best while you have beta cell function, although there are benefits even after that has been lost.

The lack of exactness of an inhaled insulin makes this more marketable for T2 patients who don't want to take mealtime shots. T1 will probably stay away. And as someone said earlier, the commorbidities of T2 will make it unattractive for many.