hiring freeze=restructuring?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So with the new hiring freeze imposed, what does that mean? Sales for bred not good, advair down, anoro who knows. What is the talk?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this so the company can slide oncology and reps to sell the diabetes drug? Just a thought.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First comes the hiring freeze, followed by increased pressure to make the sales force even more miserable to diminish headcount. By November we see how Breo and Asnoro is NOT doing. Sit by phone around Turkey day. Mark your calendars! Hope for packages!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not impossible, but I doubt it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rent-a-rep companies are lining up !

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is proof of the freeze?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Freeze is definitely on. Oncology related from what I hear. Maybe there is more to it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't need proof on this board. We just make stuff up to complain about.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just ask your manager! If he says no, he is either lying, living in a tree or under a rock or maybe both!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is as much of a joke as the threads from last year about layoffs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a hiring freeze in General Medicine. Only territories that have the most importance can be filled. This was in Cheryl Macdiarmid message the other day as part of cost saving measures after the q1 results. This has happened before. Does not mean layoffs are imminent unless launches don't go well. I like coming on cafe sometimes, but some of these post are so wrong.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just hit the nail on the head? So ask yourself, how are the launches going? And guess what comes next?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rent a reps are coming

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs? Maybe. But IF they occur, it won't be until late 2015. Anoro just launched and Albiglatide is not scheduled to be launched until august. Those products will be given a year to a year and a half to establish themselves in their respective markets. If both do not live up to expectations...MASSIVE LAYOFFS. Including SVPs, RDs, TSMs and of course reps. If one of those products lives up to expectations, then a small layoff within a corporate reorganization.

Now, there are other possible scenarios. A merger? A hostile take-over? A Co-promote? An in-liscensing? All are very real possibilities. So are layoffs possible? Sure. But there are a lot of factors before that happens.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tolja so
    I would have 1 rep per state-50 total
    Then move to UPS samples--it WILL happen
    Mark it

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Saw it coming ten years ago when we started Writing right. The greed has caught up with GSK and their own aberrant behavior has been crippling. Now with the China stuff coming to light, plus the other 4 countries, the time now fast approaches!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Except that you're an idiot. Yes, let's have one rep for California, and one for Idaho. Because the populations are similar!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this thread is most valuable to outside miners...keep up the lovely rambling. OP is a pure BS artist

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Population has nothing to do with it. Every rep has a target list of 100 docs-nice even numbers-50 reps-50 states-100 docs each-more driving for some-much less for others eg the New York rep-that terr will have most targets in NYC

anyone who is honest-trUly honest-KNOWS the sales revenues will be on target-less expenses the company can pay more in bonus-much more! 4 nights on the road-max of 100.00 per night rooming Red Roof Inns and a per diem of 25.00 per DAY. mcD bkfst, Wendy's side salad lunch and Arby's dinner-rep still makes $ in that unless they are piggies than it is OOP--hey can bring their own bottled water in the back seats so to save on beverages---I have some great ideas---I may submit them to management

they can pack coolers in the trunk next to the pizza warmers for their lunches P&B samiches and water.. I promise there would be a fully staffed force with the same talent level and same "sales" results sales LOL

My kids just got out of college within the last 2 years and would jump on the salaries you pay with a free car and so would most college grads---NOT Ivy league --just state colleges just like your sales force demographics--lining up for a base of 55-60k and a car promise

bonus changed my mind--7k-9k target----still lined up---it is coming soon---they will se the light

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Except that you're still an idiot. You talk about cost savings, (with some ridiculous scenarios and suspect spelling and grammar. I hope your college-graduate children fared better in school than you) but then still insist that there will be a rep per state, with 100 targets. That's not how territories are indexed.

You're thinking about cost savings from an expense standpoint only. Take a rep who covers Montana, Wyoming, and Utah for example. The rep's travel expenses for the year wouldn't come close to the salary and benefits cost of having a rep in each of those states. Do the math.

FAIL.