Tales from the Tanzeum Launch

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of great discussions and interesting body language from our leaders on stage. Moncef looking like maybe he wants to make a play for CEO? DC warmly received by InVentiv team but little applause from GSK crowd (perhaps this is why she was there all week but only spent about 5 minutes on stage). CVMU/SmithKline heritage teams ready to sell something new and truly this looks to be a great product with equally great data even though the market will be crowded. The dollars of this product will still way short of the respiratory portfolio.

The mutual thought in the hall was more reorg coming to respiratory side particularly med center hams and hsams. When Wednesdays results were announced many were asking how can Witty and DC stay much longer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conjecture and speculation. I was there. Who knows what the future holds. I know that you certainly don't.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Respiratory will not be the division reorganized . CAMS. ASTHMA EDUCATORS, PHARMACY REPS NEED TO BE CUT NOW

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. Great point. That is how Andrew runs the company. . ."Who knows what the future holds." He pretty much said that when he presented GSK data this week and talked about "unanticipated" challenges. He certainly did not know what the future held. You make a really good point. We have a clueless CEO. "Who knows what is happening in China, Syria, etc.?" Doesn't appear he does.

I am smart enough that when the press is this bad, that the UK is investigating GSK criminally, and that the bad news on bribery is rampant, and sex tapes, and GSK private investigators in China are arrested, and that the US management is mis-managing its assets (including a 19% drop in Advair), heads roll. It is not a leap to say that AW, DC, JB are all out the door before year's end. If we don't speculate some on the information that we have, then we become like the CEO and don't "anticipate" bad events (his words, not mine). Who is minding the store?

I know that I "anticipated" that health plans and hospitals would not tolerate all the 2011, 2012, 2013 price hikes on Advair. I know that I "anticipated" that Advair pays the bills and that if there was retaliation by plans, based on the price hikes, that GSK would suffer. I "anticipate" that GSK's Board of Directors will behave like normal Board of Directors do and relieve several high-level executives of their duties. I "anticipate" that DC will conduct a final lay-off, likely before year end, so that the new NA President would not have that on his/her resume and can come in as a Knight-in-Shining Armor.

I don't know the exact date that AW, DC, and JB and others are out, but it will be soon and likely before year end. Their colossal mistakes, not the sins of the past that caused the CIA--but current colossal mistakes under their watch, are why we are in this position today.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On no! The sky is falling! Yes we have issues. But do you think GSK is just going to close shop? "sales are down, let's shut down operations"! Gimme a F-ing break!! Will cuts be made? Probably. Which division? who knows? Weill we buy other products? Partner with other companies? Buy another company? Who knows? Certainly not you! Go do your job! It's what you are getting paid to do. No I am not a "PR- Boy", just a fellow employee who wants to be here. So, if you don't like it...If you are worried about the future of this company...Leave! It give those of us who want to be here...those of us who have invested years of service, a chance at being here as long as we want. Go on! Leave! So tired of your constant whining! Leave already!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the person you wrote this reply to has "invested many years of service and wants a chance at being here as long as they want" I also believe as do many that unless we change course none of us will be here. Not because we on a voluntary basis but because our stock will drop and GSK will be bought piece by piece by other companies. This is after we loose the right to sell our brands in China, US and UK.

It's not whining. Whining is when you don't have a solution. There is a solution to this issue out there but no one will listen

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah that's the answer just leave..lol that will fix things Come on PR boy. We know its you. Whats the matter? Are you angry that GSK's stock just dropped to 48 today which pushed your options even further underwater?

Your way hasn't worked. I love watching these executive lose millions as the stock drops like a rock. I luv luv luv it because its their fault!! Thanks you Wall Street for inflicting major pain on the leadership team. Hoping to see the 30's by next week!@

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To POSTER #5, I can assure everyone you are one of those employees here who only knows how to take test, play the game and could not SELL your way out of a wet paper bag. You my Team mate are exactly what is wrong with this company from top to bottom. Have fun on your Patient First Trip and keep studying and doing well on your test. Probably one of the dumb ra ra females we have hired over the last 3 years.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. there is some crazy $hit happening these days. PF, Test taking, COTs. No doubt. But I agree with post#5. If you have all the answers, why aren't you an executive calling the shots? Look, if we are to be sold piece by piece as one person said, then it;s a matter of time. Post #5 is spot on. Stop worrying. Just leave. Move on to another company or industry where things are better.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are not just things that AW will identify solutions for. Those of us who have been with GSK for years have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this company and are hoping upon hope that we correct course. I get no satisfaction when Andrew says, "unanticipated" when he is the CEO and is the one charting the course for us.

Believe me, ESI made their dissatisfaction very clear and top leadership turned a deaf ear to them. In the end, ESI only did exactly what they told the company they would. The $300-$500 million loss from turning that deaf ear to them is now being attempted to be written off as "unanticipated." It actually seems very predictable.

In some combination of wanting a balanced life and wanting a fulfilling job, I have decided to limit my career pursuits and not attempt to go after a career that includes top leadership executive positions. Likely, I may not have been ever good enough to attain a top level anyway. But, I give this company everything I have and want nothing more than for it to succeed. If I was a whiner, I would have left a couple of years ago. With so much of my life invested in this company, it is painful to have executives who cannot "anticipate" actions that their ESI customers told them they would take if GSK were to continue to raise prices.

No, I am not a decision maker, but my life and livelihood are impacted significantly by their actions and "unanticipated" consequences. They have to be accountable for this.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh so you mean you agree with yourself....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dirty little secret PR Guy. GSK has offered so many enhanced severance packages to those they have forced out that it makes financial sense to get forced out, if one is planning on leaving. I personally can count several who have been forced out over the past year and a half and they all have received enhanced packages. To get rid of more people GSK will have to do an enhanced package layoff like it did in 2010. Unfortunately, a lot of talent will be gone. Historically successful sales people, who grow territory sales, will go to companies that reward sales growth. They will take the enhanced package like many did in 2010. In that year, the voluntary offers were accepted so fast that after only going live for a few minutes the acceptances maxed out and the window closed.

Without the enhanced layoff offers, the slow churn of forced terminations will continue, costing GSK time, money, and continued low morale. Just do it now and let's move on!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Enhanced"? What the hell are you talking about? I also no people who left or were asked to leave. Their "enhanced" severance was minimal. You think a few months of pay is worth sticking around for? Testicular enhancement is the only thing you need. Sack up punk! If you don't like it...LEAVE!!!! It's a free country pal. Go get yours! Stop dreaming about "the way it was"! The 1950's are over my friend. You get paid a handsome salary, a car, retirement, bonus, and benefits. No one is holding you hostage. You say you gave years of service? Well you were paid for services rendered. So now you feel like your owed something? Get a government job. Just leave!!! AND YES, I AM THE PR BOY!! Whatcha gonna do about it?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll just call you a fool and a loser. Under your leadership the stock has dropped 30%. You tell the reps to leave. I think YOU are the one that needs to leave! The company is failing. YOU need to leave not us. You have FAILED and you deserve zero severance punk. Enjoy that crash stock price.

PS. Watching you crash and burn is hilarious!!! LOL.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PR Boy - What I am going to do about it is stick to the facts and let you sound like a playground bully. It is much more than a few months of extra severance. We are talking about dyed in Orange, GSK people, who did not want to leave. I personally know 3 people forced out who got 18 months (maxed out) of severance and also 100% of current year stock grants, 66.67% of next year's stock grants, and 33.33% of the following year's stock grants. Depending on job grade and position in the company, that is a LOT of money. Additionally, in 2010, they also offered an additional 4 years of age and an additional 4 years of service in the voluntary layoff. In many cases, that equaled the ability to hit the magic number of 75, and actually be able to retire with benefits. Clearly, GSK executives are doing what they think is in their best interests. I would expect employees to also do what is in their best interests, even if that means sticking around a little longer than they would wish with a company that is off track.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I know is that I'm gonna kick some novo/AZ butt with this great product !!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were paid on sales I am sure you would.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it indicated for? What strengths are there? How is it delivered? PR Boy, you won't even be selling it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like it could pay to hang on a little

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop your complaining! You want a severance? Go get it and LEAVE! Don't need you and really don't want you. Get your ungrateful A$$ out in the field and sell some product! Don't give me your bitchy little comments about how difficult PF is. You are PAID to do a job...DO IT! Take it from me, the PR Boy. As far as being a bully. You really believe that? You whinny little pice of crap! How many bullies pay you to do a job? A job that has a line of over qualified candidates out the door and around the block. Back when I was in school, bullies had to pick on those weak kids who couldn't defend themselves and who couldn't switch to another school. People were not lining up to get their A$$ kicked. Get a lawyer if you have a problem, who's stopping you? LEAVE the company. who's stopping you? I'm done with you. - PR Boy