Trust and Value

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how's the trust and value thing going? Another goofy Merck initiative with only ashes to show for it? How long did it last? You have to laugh or else you would want to cry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds about as welcome as "Open, honest communication".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Snap out of it. We don't need a fake moving target called trust and values. All we need is a pharmaceutical pipeline.

Trust and values is a result of the fall of the best and biggest research pharma company (Former Merck) to the lowest spending in R&D in the industry (Current Merck).

:)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhhh, yes! Modeling courage and Candor! Saying that out loud will get you pressured out of Merck by year's end. You'll leave "to pursue other interests", like tens of thousands before you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I trust that Merck will continue to practice age discrimination so they can create value.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I trust that Merck will continue to practice age discrimination so they can create value.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is true - get you old farts terminated and my stock values / dividends will sore

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's spelled "soar", Genius. And this stock is going nowhere but down. Your portfolio is going to be sore, unless you develop an ounce or two of good sense.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lowering the median age of the workforce has no effect on stock price.

The current stock price you see is the result of:

1) general market upward swings. Widely held stock in index and other mutual funds. Market at all time high, so Merck price is high as well
    2) Federal Reserve bank holding interest rates low, which propagates through the debt markets. Merck stock is seen s attractive because of they "great" 3% dividend yield
    3) Stock buybacks, Merck has no idea how to put money to work, so they buy their own shares and that inflates price.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I generally agree with you, but I wouldn't call Merck's stock price "high". It hasn't been high in many years. Like someone else pointed out, it's much lower now than it was ten years ago. The rest of the market has tripled since then. This stock sucks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age no but tenure yes - retain no one past the nine year cutoff - eliminates massive costs and yes increases my return - not in this game for slackers and malcontents.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing as 'ethnics & perversity'! Poor old George rolling over in his grave!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I trust that Merck values me. Another glass of Kool-Aid please...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A consulting company charged us a fortune to come up with that slogan/program.

Be Well.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I TRUST that the leadership team will continue to f$&@ up Merck and the VALUE that the company will bring is zero.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I value the trust you have in me.

- Ken F

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am for diversity. However, lowering promotion standards for "diversity" is never a good strategy. They should've invested more in training them to get them ready instead of throwing them into the deep end and tanking the company's performance with poor leadership.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck has failed very badly in the diversity department. They confuse diversity with incompetence. Instead of increasing diversity the right way they only accomplished engendering a culture of incompetence.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! Incompetent leaders are too insecure and threatened so they only hire "yes people." There's too many of them in power now so they've created a culture of idiots who can't get anything done.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please Ken, I have spoken up at many meetings in UG stating the distrust that I have for anyone in this discombobulated,sloth filled sales force - all losers