Why Silenor,when a pill cutter will do!

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a physician I have to prescribe what my patients can afford and what's safe for them. Clinically, all of the non controlled substances used for insomnia (trazodone, Rozarem (which is melatonin, available OTC) are less useful than the Lunesta, Ambien, Restoril group but are at least non-addicting. Silenor would be similar, but clinically the difference between 3,6 or 10 mg doses would not be an issue so I'd prescribe the doxepin capsules. About 90 doxepin 10 mg capsules cost $19; Silenor costs about $65 for 30 pills.

My real problem with Silenor is that it might have effects on the heart rhythm in vulnerable people and might also be associated with memory impairment in people with dementia. Any antihistamine can do this.

Overall, this is a very unimpressive drug so far. It's too bad, since I'd very much like to have some other alternatives.

Just FYI.

Cheers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on target.This is the truth,if you want to hear it.The only future Silenor has is OTC.Just don't shoot the messengers on this site!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I play a Doctor on the WEB, hear me now, listen to me later.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A program Somaxon rolled out this week reduces the price to $15/month copay or $45 for 90 days.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL nice try with the Dos stuff. You CLEARLY stink of a brain washed, no medical training, less than avg intelligence pharma rep. The simple verbiage you use above gives you away in a heart beat. Awful try at best with the "I'm a doc" line.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't survive financially for long on this.Like putting a band-aid on a stab wound!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aah, whew. Now we have
    CFOs on this board instead of the usual outsiders, shorters and malcontents! Watch as the dagger is slowly inserted in your scrotum. See you on the other side my friend.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I could get it for $45/90 days, I might have accepted the prescription. I was asked $168 for 30 days and JUST had to say, "Sorry. I'll pass." That price would KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PS The $168 was AFTER insurance co-pay.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's THE absolute worst drug made by the absolute worst company in the industry! It's a POS drug to sell. All my calls are fake. Docs and staff are laughing at us. What a hell hole of company that makes this drug!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eat it you fat ass punk!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't agree more!! I like Publicis as a contract comp but Silenor is the worst dog crap I've EVER had to sell!!! I would rather sell anything to the public out of a vendor box. This is probably one of the most embarrassing drugs I've had to detail by far!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps on this contract really need to find someplace else to work. I left the contract after I found out my docs were sampling and giving away Silenor LIKE CANDY!!! Not one script written they just gave them away like free m&m's!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok I'm confused. You still have a contract for Silenor and ppl at Publicis still promote it? Where?