Why Silenor,when a pill cutter will do!

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reality check!The bottom line is that Silenor's MOA is not unique,and it is just a lower dose of generic doxepin.When you guys start detailing the physicians,and they realize that you have confirmed to them that a lower dose of doxepin works,they will thank you because they will just rx the higher dose of generic doxepin,and tell patient to buy a pill spliter,and its a win,win situation for the patient!They will have 2x as many pills at one low,generic price!!You won't get any rx's out of it,but the patient and physician will be thanking you! Good luck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you've got it figured out don't you? Good job on doing your homework. Generic doxepin is a capsule...so a bit difficult to split wouldn't you say?

Of course there's liquid doxepin - but I'm sure you knew that, because you're so sharp.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why bother 'splitting' the 10 mg capsule. 10 mg and 6 mg are about the same. Remember this drug is usually dosed 75 to 300 mg when used for depression! If 10 mg has any more side effects than 6 mg it likely means that 10 mg also will help sleep more than 6 mg. Docs will ikely hand out the 6 mg samples and then write for the 10 mg capsules. 150 vs 4 dollars. No medicare patient will pay that more more for the same medicine. All the PBMs will have this as tier 3. For the sticklers, doxepin elixir can be easily dosed exactly at 6 mg and also just costs a couple dollars per year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe I don't have it all figured out,but it won't take long for the doctors and MC to figure it out!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You get enough at 3mg. 6mg is for insurance. 10mg has side effects which is why is not used today even after many studies have shown it works.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey losers on silenor contract! your product sucks, we are going to eat your lunch and put you on the unemployemnt line!!!!

Ambien CR!!!!!! rocks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even Rozerem rocks,compared to Silenor!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA says no more than 6

With the FDA label saying that patients should not take more than 6mg in a day, can reputable doctors really prescribe 10mg? And even if 10mg helps you sleep, aren't the side effects a problem above 6mg? In fact, aren't side effects the reason that nobody tried to market the 10mg as a sleep drug? just wondering

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: FDA says no more than 6

yes, no, no. Obviously you do not know the sleep or psych market. The good thing is you are about get schooled.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I'm here to learn, and you didn't do a very good job "schooling" me with your one-word answers. Also, Doxein 10mg isn't a pill, it's a capsule, right? Do doctors really have their patients open up capsules and dump part of the powder out? Seems sketchy. My doctors never told me to do anything like that. Do patients really respond well to that idea, even when there is a pill form available in the correct dose that their insurance will cover? Please "school" me on that. Also, I'm pretty sure that nobody likes 10mg doxepin because of side effects, so people aren't going to take the whole pill, and doctors won't want to prescribe the whole pill, I think. If 10mg availability were such a threat, i don't see how the drug could have gotten to this stage.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doxein 10mg isn't a pill, it's a capsule, right? RIGHT
    Do doctors really have their patients open up capsules and dump part
    of the powder out? NO
    Do patients really respond well to that idea? NO
    even when there is a pill form available in the correct dose that their insurance will
    cover? INSURANCE WON'T COVER IT

Also, I'm pretty sure that nobody likes 10mg doxepin because of side effects, so people aren't going to take the whole pill, and doctors won't want to prescribe the whole pill, I think. If 10mg availability were such a threat, i don't see how the drug could have gotten to this stage. THEY WILL PRESCRIBE WHAT THEY DO NOW--KLONAPIN, RESTORIL, ZOLPIDEM, AND THE NUMBER ONE OUT OF INDICATION USED IS TRAZADONE. ALL UNDER 10 CENTS/PILL
    NEXT CLASS IS NOT FREE

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let us know if you get your first prescription before Christmas!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do people on this message board (and so many others) get angry and "YELL" with capital letters? Why such passion about a new sleep medicine?

Anyway, some of the alternative drugs you mention are controlled substances and/or have abuse potential and/or unpleasant side effects, unlike Silenor. This is my understanding based on the blogs and articles I've read, and other comments I've heard.
    Also, the reports so far are that insurance will cover silenor.
    I know all of this probably makes you very angry and that you may respond with capital letters about "schooling" everyone, but I'm not sure why.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 of my psychiatrists told me today that they can not write for this med. and they also said, most doc wont either.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they when they have so many cheap generics,like trazadone,which they rx alot,to choose from.Patients are already paying alot for their other drugs so $5 a pill for Silenor will not cut it.

16. Anonymous24

Anonymous24 Guest

Re: Why Silenor,when a pill cutter will do! (Reason 1: it's a capsule)

Well, I hear the opposite from doctors (i.e. i hear good things on silenor) . And what you are saying makes the doctors sound pretty unreasonable. "I will not write for this med." Is that really what they say? People respond so differently to different medicines...the idea that doctors would categorically refuse to prescribe a potentially helpful drug seems a bit implausible, unless of course there was some negative health risk,....but here there are fewer side effects and risks w/silenor than w/anything else that's been mentioned. And especially given that there's no abuse potential and it's so easy to get (e.g. with refills being available without a new prescription and maybe OTC in a few years), I think patients are going to want to try it. But your 3 psychiatrists and their friends simply will refuse to prescribe it? Or is it that they will prescribe the 10mg despite reports and warnings of side effects at that level? I don't get it. I've never had a doctor like that.

It seems the anti-silenor attitudes on this message board are very passionate, a bit stubborn, and stated in somewhat exaggerated terms, with claims like ("My 3 psychiatrists say they will not...." ) I don't know what to make of that. Why are people so invested in logging onto a message board to trash-talk a sleeping pill? I'm here as a small-time investor and likely patient trying to figure out what's good, and to share my positive view, and I find so much anger. What's the deal? Why do people write on these message boards generally?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of,this drug will be OTC within the first year!Because physicians are already upset about the cost of "real" drugs,they prescribe only those drugs that have a unique MOA and/or safety profile.There is nothing unique about Silenor.Physicians don't like to be "duped"into prescribing a reformulated generic drug.I have sold sleep aids,and ever since Ambien went generic,branded sleep aids decline every month.In this economy,patients are refusing to pay $5 a pill for a generic reformulation when there are so many other lower cost options!Be real!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But silenor *does* have a unique profile. Generic doxepin is only available at 10mg, causes side effects, and the fda warns against that dose for insomnia treatment. As for other sleep meds, every single one but silenor is a controlled substance, and is also habit/dependence-forming and/or has abuse potential. So it seems to me that silenor is very unique.

Also, if it goes otc, isn't that a good sign for the drug ?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" I'm here as a small-time investor and likely patient trying to figure out what's good, and to share my positive view, and I find so much anger"

THIS IS NOT A STOCK BOARD. Do us all a favor and go back to the Yahoo Message board where you came from. Press home above and you will see that this is a site for Pharmaceutical and medical sales professionals. We come here to ask or post sales related info, complain about our jobs and managers and to poke fun at competing sales forces.

This is not a site for small time investors. Its nice that you have talked to a few doctors but we talk to dozens every week and we don't care about your biased opinions based on your position in the stock.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The mechanism is not unique. Antihistamines have been used for sleep for years. Everyone knows that 10 mg doxepin is tolerated well and the FDA does not waste their comments talking about old drugs.

Ummm, if it goes OTC then the 110 people just hired are out of a job....please go back to the Yahoo Message board and take your non pharma friends with you. They are not wanted here.