Hiring Freeze

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there any IT hiring freeze at AZ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ loves hiring more and more and more!! But….., come the end of 2015 and into 2016, when Nexium, XR, Crestor and Symbicort are gone, layoffs will be massive. Extremely massive. I suggest you start to prepare now. Seriously, don't waste your time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes prepare now, some of the stuff we are doing such as having 4 to 5 people with the same drugs calling on the same customers is insane and has to stop at some point.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went through the process, was told in writing that I was hired, quit my prior job, and then was informed that the deal was retracted.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may think that AZ is loyal to you or that you are special because someone up high is a friend or because you have been at AZ a very long time, that somehow you will be spared when the big cuts come. I can assure you that when the cuts come, AZ will only consider numbers and legal ramifications. The best, brightest and most loyal among us have been cut in the past. We have all seen it and still tell ourselves, it won't happen to me. It may be a lottery, but sooner or later, your name gets pulled from the hat.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is very Sad !! How can they do that after giving written offer, That is not ethical. Was it a IT role or business role ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please realize that AZ doesn't give a shit about ethics or whether it hurts your feelings. They make decisions based on only two things, is it legal and does it make or save us money. That is it. Nothing more.