Is this legal? Part 2

Discussion in 'Orthofix' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it legal for a distributor to work in partnership with a prescribing physician where both benefit financially from the direct usage of that same surgeon? Possibly under the guise of a POD?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the distributor cant be prosecuted or even persecuted without the surgeon being named too(and they may have to stay handcuffed together 24/7 to ensure this) then the distributor might be safe. Seriously asshole, you're looking at the wrong guys here. $42MM the company eats to protect a bunch of douchebag surgeons.....the greediest pigs in the world. Working stiffs in jail for these bastards. They're sitting back laughing wondering where the next gravy train is coming from, and the tM's kids are being shunned at school cuz daddy's a 'crook'.
    Fuck off asshole.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, your placing this solely on the physicians?
    Isn't the company that facilitates this type of piggish behavior?
    Clearly, the physician AND the TM/Distributor should be held accountable. Doctors that DIRECTLY financially benefit from the placement of a product or implant should be held accountable. It is wrong, unethical and morally reprehensible. And you side with this practice?
    Right, I'm the asshole.
    I do hope that if you, the doctors or any other industry that go along with this practice pay the price for breaking laws, as you should. I will keep looking for opportunities to present themselves and pass them along to proper authorities.

Good luck out there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The President of the United States gives access and insight to individuals based on contributions and donations. Congressman pass laws and influence Congress based on political favors that benefit business and individuals; based on monies given to lobbyist to influence there decisions by way of political contributions. LET'S talk about unethical, and morally reprehensible. Our Gov't sets the example and the rules that apply to everyone else except themselves. NOBODY IS SAFE.......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indded, you are. The surgeons are sacred cows. You dont think for a minute that Orthofix or any other company or the guys who were prosecuted and going to jail sought out the surgeons and offered them bribes. It was the cost of doing business. The surgeons demand money to use your knee joints, bone stims, whatever and if you want to compete, you play. All of the companies selling to these douchebags are being investigated right now. It's epidemic. And there wont be one surgeon charged, but plenty of decent guys thrown under the bus. If you actually knew something you'd be blowing your way to a $9 million payout instead of chirping on a forum board so why dont you just shut tfu.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the real issue. Lets clean up our Gov't before we start throwing stones at surgeons, reps, managers and companies. What's ok for our Gov't is not ok for anyone else. It's all a bunch of BS when our gov't is leading the way in payoff's and pay for play.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong- it was their own greed and pressure from the company to attain quotas and other accolades. they were changing and forging notes and signatures so their orders were within medicare guidelines. these old patients paying $700 copays for a bone stim for their acute fracture or orif. it is a system within this company which teaches new hires how to do this kind of stuff, and just how easy it is. Maybe the company will now truly do something to clean things up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay fucknut, you win, but either way it's over. Recap- company pleads guilty, coughs up $46Million. Some reps and agents go to jail for doing what everyone else in the industry is doing to get the surgeon's business. Meanwhile the surgeons dont even get a slap on the wrist, named in public, nothing. So they just coerce distributors to keep doing it knowing they wont even get a broken finger nail but the distributor might.. So wtf does the company have to do with it?

So if you actually know something why bark here.? Why not blow the whistle? Answer: it will likely incriminate you too, I guess.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my many years of experience I can say that I've never offered a doc or their office anything at anytime. I have been approached on a few occasions, however, where the doctor is demanding to get paid for using our stims.

One office asked if there was any way to make money, such as fitting the patients in house.

Many offices have asked about stock and bill as DJO brought it to their attention that we weren't "sharing" the potential revenue stream.

Another office flat out said that if we were unable to make help them get paid they were going somewhere else. They did. I am happy for their decision and ultimately feel it's best to steer clear of them. They would never burn for their actions but my head would be rolling if I assisted them in their immoral behaviors.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is complete BS, and probably a post from one of your scrambling, desperate pr people. or someone who just got hired and has no idea how the 'Firm' really operates.

orthofix specializes in the buy and bill model. your reps and managers, just like djo, hold a series of meetings with prospective clinics to pitch this, and then help them set up the billing system, go over guidelines, billing procedures, everything. orthofix of course endorses this. if not, how do you explain selling huge amounts of units at bulk pricing (~$1600) to all of your large clinics? these clinics do hundreds upon hundreds of units per year because they are earning up to $2000-3000 per patient. then the office gets in on the game of changing notes, changing dates so that the order bills properly, once they too realize just how easy that is.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lobbiest lobby Congress and Senators to pass laws that pave the way for companies and individuals. They influence these congressman/senators with monies thru PACS that give money to there campaigns, that influence there decisions. Some of these monies end up in these congressman and senators pockets. The President gives access and information to corporate heavy weights for there support and political contributions. Quid quo pro....
    All these threads about what OFIX, DJO, EBI and what other medical companies are doing is all a bunch of shit. Look at our political leaders, they are setting the example. But lets them act like they are doing something great by extorting monies from all these medical companies. What's good for the Gov't is not good for everyone else. GIVE ME A BREAK with all this bull shit, better than thou, rightous, honest Johnny threads. It's a joke and lets point the finger at the real culprits. OUR GOV'T.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. I think the above poster might be right about Ofx PR getting desperate trying to redirect blame and guilt. Nice effort.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Nope. No redirection.... just the facts.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our U.S Attorney General can withhold information and be in contempt and the President of the U.S uses his Presidential power to over ride Congresses request for information. But lets extort companies for tens of millions and hundreds of millions of dollars for bull shit and go after tax paying citizens. What a F'n joke.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so you think that a group of sales reps who are forging doctors signatures, creating and changing office notes so that taxpayers are paying for physiostims for acute fractures, when there is no clinical proof there is any clinical benefit whatsoever is OK? making those poor patients pay $700 copays and wear the device for 3 hours a day to pay for your greed? that medicare is paying $3500 for each of these patients? that should go unpunished???

Of course Holder et al are corrupt but entirely a different story.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No if you are forging paperwork and changing chart notes
    I agree that is a problem. There is a lot more reps needed to be added to that l

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no question there should be 50-75 reps from Ortho and spine stim who touched paperwork over the yrs. To just go after 2 reps and not everyone else is a travesty beyond words. I feel for these reps being pulled and everyone else given a free pass. And no I do not support reps forging signature and altering chart notes.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is 100% spot on and accurate, from someone on the inside.

however, you have to start somewhere, and this is just the beginning of the rep investigations within orthofukt. word has it that more than one clinic's notes ( east coast from my source) have been recently seized/subpoenaed and that doj/medicare is matching these up with submitted invoices/paperwork to see if there are any discrepancies. uh oh!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stark Laws......I,II,III....and they keep getting tougher to discourage docs from financial benefits of prescribing products. Leads to overutilization. Reduces brand selection to highest bidder...BGS business typical case. Abuse and corruption.