energy sales rep

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looked at the web site and and browsed the products. Details of the position? insight?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what the job is like, but the heyday of surgical energy is over. Covidien owns the market and Ethicon tries to compete through GPO positions. Thunderwand may be the best thing ever, but your only going to do so much with it. I would assume that Gyrus sales are getting crushed by robotics, since their only real market is GYN. If Olympus gets big enough in energy, someone will gladly start reprocessing their devices.

Might be a good gig for a couple of years if you're in the right market, but probably not good for a long-term move.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Olympus department of justice investigation!

Any scoop? Hearing customers are going to receive subpoenas. Finally the greedy and arrogant get caught

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For what , maybe you should be on the intuitive board

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just don't think this company is going to be around in 5 years, and if it is, the decline will just continue and they are destined to be a "C" player in the OR. There are so many products that are better and the only reason there is any OLY, ACMI, or Gyrus business is because of the rep that put the business there not because the product is any good.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ACMI & GYRUS had it going good.
    Olympus is heading the way of K-Mart & Sears.
    Stupid people with no idea of cutting edge technology.
    I have watched the good quality employees leave over the last couple of years.
    Olympus is a ship of fools.
    I am still there because nobody knows what I really do and they can never find me.
    I sleep in my car half the day.
    Do you know how I am and where I pretend to work?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Olympus department of justice investigation!

Is there more dirt to be uncovered?? Hard to believe there could be any more skeletons in that closet.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard something last week that sounds a little ominous... Seems the Department of Justice is sending out subpoenas to large US Hospitals asking them to freeze all records of any dealings with Olympus for several years back. Sites have to hold records of all employees, physicians, admin people and all quotes, proposals, contracts, consulting arrangements - everything that has anything to do with Olympus purchases. I think they are on a search for any possible violations or anything to do with un-savoury type of arrangements between Olympus and customers. Hmmm I'm surprised this hasnt hit the press yet!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Subpoena me please ! I can really screw some of these sales people.
    They made enough dirty money, now it is payback time.
    I will sing like a canary and ai have my targets.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell us more . Please clarify not names of course but situations

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well sing already you freakin loser. No one really gives a shyt about your threats on cafepharma you whiny little beeyatch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UGH! I agree with this statement up to the sleeping in the car.....but..after the epic screw job Olympus continus to give folks...go for it man...more power to ya.... I just had to leave for sake of my sanity....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I belive I have a response from the Gay One.
    I guess I got your panties in a twist

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I would just rather you grow a pair and act than posting what you're gonna do on Cafepharma.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are 15 positions currently being shown for Energy Reps and Associate Reps. What is the real reason for the abundance of openings? A couple I can understand but is there like a major expansion or splitting of existing territories??? I am interested but want more rep to rep insight. Thanks,

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would also like some opinions from reps about how the thunderbeat has been coming to market? Besides GPO/IDN agreements, what are the docs saying about it?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you would be better off asking Ethicon or Covedien, what they think about it. We know and they know its the best out there . Its also the hardest to sell.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales are ramping up. Getting rid of dead weight . Cutting territories that are producing to get more . Do not know but good question , maybe you should ask if you get interview.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you can spell better than you sell...TB ship has sailed. Day late, dollar short and everyone knows it but the Oly dudes.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's another device that cuts and seals tissue. Its the same mousetrap as a Ligasure, Harmonic, Enseal, Sonicision, or Gyrus. It just has a different method of doing it. Is it better? Perhaps its a little faster but can a doctor do the same thing with whatever is currently on the shelf? Absolutely. Do Materials Managers want another vessel sealer generator in their OR when their rooms are already stocked with Force Triads or Enseal/Harmonic Generators? Doubtful. Especially since they are unable to replace Focus or Impact for that matter.