UHS: Blackford....Out!

Discussion in 'Universal Hospital Services' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was announced today that Gary Blackford will resign his position with UHS at the end of the year. Can't wait for all the well wishes to come across this message board.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Below are the current job openings for UHS...for some reason I don't see CEO.

Never mind...you don't want to work for this company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do hope that you do not work for UHS. You are the type of employee that spreads a "virus" type attitude across the workplace. Although UHS has had bad times, and I agree that Mr. Blackford leaving is the best thing for the company, people like you are the ones that are bringing it down.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To: UHS employees
    From: UHS Committee for Political Correctness and Happy Feelings

AN IMPORTANT REMINDER .....

Recent events have us all justifiably excited and optimistic about the future. However, the Committee wishes to caution that it would be considered insensitive and in poor taste to plan and/or stage celebratory events prior to Mr. Blackford's departure from the company. We ask that you refrain from such activities until 2015.

Thanks in advance for your restraint.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So in the end, the king has no clothes....... About time someone figured that out!

If Karma exists, I hope he shares the profound feelings of pain and humiliation experienced by good hard working people that were "transitioned" from the company to divert attention from his own incompetence as a leader and failure as a visionary.

It would be a bonus if he could also experience financial hardship in proportion to what he caused, but that will never happen. After all, clothed or not, it was good to be the king.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot....Quality, Value, Service...All of us, all the time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our 2nd quarter net loss of $32.8 million should have been enough to wake the dead!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The lack of reasonable direction and advancement past the DOM level is why I decided to leave over 3 years ago. Nothing but debt and poor acquisitions since my departure. I expect the BOD will make a good hire this time. Hopefully the next CEO's family will not get over 1 million stock options like Blackford's wife and children did.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As his best buddy is out, maybe Tim can go to a on-demand position.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or better yet, he should just go!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good news:

The new boss will want his/her own team, and I don't like Mini-Me's chances.

In fact, I suspect few of our senior management team will survive for long. Icing on the cake.

The bad news:

Fixing what Gary has done to this company will be a monumental task. Reorganization will not stop at the top. I foresee lots of lost jobs as we scale down and consolidate in an attempt to become profitable.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know how much of Blackford's home in Suton Bay UHS paid for? Someone should audit his expenses.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His legacy:

Eliminated the pension.
    Increased the 401k match to $.75 on the dollar (for only one year after eliminating the pension).
    Decreased the 401k match back to $.50.
    Increased the insurance co-pay cost beyond the average of similar organizations.
    Started on-demand positions (these workers are not ENGAGED).
    Went from 13 Service Centers to 5.
    No corp profit sharing in 2013 - first time ever.
    Increased executive salaries and stock ownership by 66%.
    Increased debt by MILLIONS and MILLIONS.

I'll let others add to the list.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I’ll start off by saying this: do not blame that game on Gary Blackford, OK? I don’t care who you play — whether it’s a Mom and Pops, a Freedom Medical, a KCI — much less Hill-Rom. When you lose a GPO — negative pressure, you ain’t going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. All right? And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin’ game. In my opinion, that sucked. Ah. You know? You can’t turn lose a GPO and negative pressure. Holy crap! I don’t know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. GPO and negative pressure. That might be a medical industry record! And we’ve still got four months left in the year, so there’s no telling what we will have left. That’s pitiful! I mean, it’s absolutely pitiful to perform like that. Pitiful!

What’s that? Ah — Layoffs? Don’t talk about — Layoffs? You kidding me? Layoffs?

At least football season is here!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at when this was posted ........ Wednesday, 8/20, at 11:47am. This has to be one of our AEs. Instead of making sales calls, he/she is posting to a web site from a home computer in the middle of the day while those of us on the Ops side are working.

We have some of the sorriest sales people on the planet. That's the real virus. I hope our new management will have a cure.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't cure a virus, only treat it.

That's our ops for you.....................haters

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^ So busted and so bitter.

Maybe you could channel those emotions and actually make a few sales calls this week.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How old are some of you who bicker about ops and sales? 12, 13 maybe. Geez. Learn to work together and stop acting like teenagers. I get along with my AE fine. We work well together and discuss things and figure out what's best for the office and the team. The fact of the matter is things are tough right now. I don't know of many offices hitting their #'s so hard to be motivated when no chance at commissions or bonuses. Most of the issues are out of the hands of AE's and Ops. Field sales and ops had nothing to do with Smith and Nephew and HPG debacle. Plus already seeing staffing cuts on ops side and sure more to come when 2015 budgeting starts in the next few weeks. So until things get fixed at the corporate level and the new CEO gets everybody in line it's going to be tough at UHS. So either figure out how to make things work in your office or get out. Stop making excuses and whining. If you don't like things here find another job. I don't know if I am staying or going yet but I do know complaining about things gets me no where and I am not going to be miserable wherever I am at. Life is too damn short for that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks you Tony Robbins.