$3500 price

Discussion in 'The Medicines Company' started by Anonymous, Sep 9, 2014 at 7:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from a friend inside that the price will be $3,500. Imho, we are going to dominate the market at that price.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Orbactiv will be closer to 2,500 to be more in line with the Cubicin pricing and much less than the $4,500 pricing of Dalvance.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get back to me on the cost/day of Cubicin at 4mg/kg for a 200lb patient. Then do the math on a more realistic 250+ patient.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard $5,000

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try Durata reps. Get the price from your loyal customers. Don't come on this board to fish for the price.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price is $2,900

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are we going to sell this? Most patients with skin infections are only in the hospital for 3-4 days and virtually every other drug is less expensive because you dont have to pay for a full course of therapy with one injection?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price is $3550

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now you are starting to get it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tic-Toc Tic-Toc

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should we go over the 3 phases of TMC ID division?

Phase 1:
    TMC way over pays for reps from Cubist and Durata. Cubist reps are bitter and angry over too many products and not enough bonus. Problem is, they did not launch dapto and do not understand how hard it really is. Durata reps realized after they sat in HQ and swore up and down that they were exited and ready to build something special and knew it would be challenging early on when, in fact, they were no way prepared for what it takes to build a company and launch a practice changing product.

In the end, both the Cubist and Durata reps saw the $$$$ signs and simply took it. Now they have to launch a drug with significant contraindications, warnings and precautions and a 3 hour infusion that is already being reviewed and rejected at major academic centers. What do you think the first 3-6-9 months after launch looks like.........tic-toc tic-toc

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$3500 in an outpatient setting is a cash cow revenue stream, thats how I will be selling it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smart systems know to take the potential for a revenue stream away from physicians. Can you say Hospital Outpatient Infusion Center?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually thats not true at all. For a few months reimbusrement will be Ok but then once ASP plus 4% hits margin dries up. If you discount your drug, 2 quarters later reimbursement drops so discounting would only lead to lower margins or losses for customers and the company. You will have to sell the drug on its clinical merits, whatever they are?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are mssing the whole point. Why would any doctor order an IV drug when they can give an oral? Sivextro is as easy as swallowing one pill for six days. And it's a $15 co-pay for the patient. Same indication as Orbactiv. Sivextro is the drug you will be selling against. Idiots.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a complete dope and obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Here's why jackass:

1. No ID or attending is going to give any oral AB for a serious infectious diease of any kind!
    This is exacely why we have IV antiboitics in the first place you moron. They penetrate far better than orals and are reserved for more serious situations. Are you under the impression that Sivextro is the fist good oral med for MRSA??? Should ID's all together do away with IV meds for skin? If you work for cubist, I'm embarassed for you.

2. If an oral agent suffices, that's exactly what ID's will perscibe. This has been the case since the ID specialty has been invented. That's why we need IV AB's you jackass; for the complex case.

3. IV drugs are reimbursable in the outpatient market. Orals are not. Please tell me you're not from Cubist!!! If you are, you're stealing money and have no clue about the clinincal and economic aspects of anti invectives!!! You should consider a career in the custodial arts insead.

Lesson over...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your lesson will come in the Fall of 2015, count on it. Tick-tock....tick-tock

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Before you claim to give lessons to others, you should consider a lesson or two in spelling. "exacely"..."perscibe"..."anti invectives"? A third grader can do better than that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no ideas whjat you are talking about. I will make 1 point 25% of Zyvox use is in skin. Thet start with IV 1-2 days and switch to oral. Sivextro makes that even easier given 6 day course.

For deep skin infections that may involve bone or be suspicious of bone involement nobactiv label suggests alternative therapy so bad choice gain.

Orals are not paid for OP? Stupid is as Stupid does.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's so stupid I'm not sure where to begin... Can someone else blast Forest Gump?? I'm through trying to hand hold the mentally challenged.