sales

Discussion in 'Merit Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what changed in the last year?? was the company ever really a low pressure company?? every med dev company i worked for was high pressure. nature of the beast.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware!!!!!!! Once they hit a Billion in sales it is all over for the reps. Medline used to be a good place to work until they hit a Billion in sales in 2000. After that they felt the reps were an un-needed expense and became cattle to the owners.

Something about hitting a goal like a Billion changes a company in ways they never expected, and not for the better.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN TO THAT. Once they hit a big goal like a Billion, reps are not respcted anymore. They forget who brought them to the dance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do reps get a car allowance? If so, how much?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Merit has 10,000 product trying to find-out what the core sales products that they reps are promoting

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am assuming that Merit does not do drug testing, younwould have to be n drugs to understand what you just wrote.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the top products or key products that a Merit rep will promote?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is riddled with wild presumptions. I hope Merit gets to the big "B" soon. It would be a great accomplishment for a Merit vet like me to see. The nature of any for-profit company is growth and high expectations. If you can't handle that at Merit or anywhere else you should consider being a florist.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the average pay and benefits....I don't think anyone has answered that one yet. Whats the range?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please give a range of salary and commision/bonus, and mileage reimbursement

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above Poster mentions that the GI division is terrible- can someone comment on why? Products? competition? reimbursement? access?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total comp completely sux for the work you do! Competitors in the same arena are making almost twice what I make!! Merit is "me too" commodity products, not a market leader, and so many people don't even know who Merit is. It's a joke of a company!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the total compensation breakdown?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too was contacted and am curious abt total comp. I don't want to waste my time if it's low 100's. In device/ OR now and 140-150. Is there a chance at that? It would seemingly get me into the EP/cath/IR space.....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like the ceo is into polygamy then lol ? well then on that note anyone know if the culture is a Mormon based ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's what a Merit recruiter wrote to me:

"Our compensation package consists of a base, guarantee, bonuses and an uncapped sales commission plan. Meeting quota your first year will equal a total compensation of $95k - $105k, by 2nd yr: $110k-$125k and by 3rd yr: $130k+. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package to include a company matched 401k plan."

I have no idea if that's accurate, but matches what people are saying above. It's low for the space, but may be reasonable, based on a commodity position. The territory that they contacted me about is very large.

Although Company matched 401k's are nice, insurance is a big deal. It can cost thousands more to live with a hd plan. Also, no company car??

My question: What are the managers like? How often do they ride-along? What CRM are you using?

I am working for a manager who knows nothing about health care (doesn't even have a healthcare background at all) is a tool in front of my customers and loves to spring himself on me since I live close by, with 2 days notice. Generally, it's when he looks at his calendar and sees that he's not going to get enough days in the field to meet his quota.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That pay sounds accurate as many of the new hires are coming with very little experience so my guess is they are offering low pay now. Correct there is no company car but mileage is paid at around $0.52/mile. Managers typically have 7-9 reps and typically rotate with one rep a week, so your manager would ride along about once every two months for 2-3 days. The company uses SalesForce

A year ago the sales force was split into two divisions CV and Interventional. CV has most of the core Merit products while Int has responsibility for EP,Embolics, Dialysis, Snares and Infusion. Territories are extremely huge covering two states often more which is a stretch when you consider you may be calling on CCL, IR, CT, US,Vas Surg,Nephrologist

Both divisions have their issues with the CV division being heavily into commodity products where price is the decision making factor for the buyer. The Int division has issues with much of its EP line also being OEM to device companies and distributors so reps are often competing against their own products which are often bundled are given away by CRM device reps

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can anyone give an update on this company now? A recruiter called and looking for info? Seems lots of divisions and products. What is merits best product/division? Pay? Culture? Leadership?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes looking for recent updates on the status of this company. Please provide some details!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

also provide me with any info on man on man action. thanks