Conned Altrus

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by Anonymous, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude u'r wrong. Get off the drugs. Altrus is a great product! Free generator to account in exchange for usage. I've seen several successful cases and building momentum!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Altrus was already behind when they launched it. They are in desperation mode now offering free generators to buy the product. This is only thing driving current sales. Will eventually lose steam and be the dog that it is. SM is the biggest asshole that I have ever worked for. I am in the 4th interview with a blue chip medical device company and the only thing holding back my offer is the name Conmed on my resume.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster 161: You can't be serious. I worked for EES in 2006 and we were using this old trick way back then? Vessel sealing market is old news. Is your stuff being reprocessed yet? Oh wait.. You have to have enough market share to make reprocessing an attractive proposition.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly question here but how does the Altrus cut?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuts very slowly, and device sometimes breaks in the process. Of course ou need to tell the surgeon it could be user technique, and we can fix that. Would you be willing to give "me too"
    Another case?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Med reps posting below. I was thinking about this but after reading info on here and having sold Capital prior this sounds like a disaster.

CONMED Advanced Energy offers a complete line of energy solutions to surgeons in multiple specialties. 2014 is going to be a break out year for Altrus Thermal Tissue Fusion, an exceptional new product in a fast growing market segment. We are seeing rapid growth in Altrus sales as surgeons experience the exceptional capabilities of this product.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are very wise. This division is a train wreck. Thanks to DM and SM.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my 12 years in the OR selling every possible line with exception of total knees I have seen:

Many different Gyrus energy devices, many different harmonic devices, the ligasure line-up and even some knock offs including bipolar sealers that needed a scissor to finish the move.

I have never once seen this Altrus thing, does it have to have a con med generator? There is one or two old Con Med generators in my 3 state territory.

you guys suck DON'T take that job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ethicon is doing $160MM per year in Enseal alone.

Good luck Cornmed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is Altrus doing since all the management changes with Conmed?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, they are trying to scare us into stop posting on here. They would have to get a subpoena for CP to give them IP addresses, not likely.
    If you are worried just don't post from the laptop.
    Why do they want to silence their critics?

12. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to remind everyone, consistent with our policies, we do not record any identifying information (such as IP address, email address, etc) for anonymous posters. Therefore, even with a subpoena, it would not be possible to determine the origin of an anonymous post.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never seen Altrus in any hospital anywhere. I dont think it is doing well.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because we haven't sold one in months. It's a joke, too expensive and we won't spend the money to get Docs to promote it.
    Come on Curt help us out here we are getting killed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the current sales direction for this dog of a product?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they still pushing this POS product at the meeting? What a waste of time and money!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing new. They still do that with other products. They rush R&D and process owners too much. The product isn't finished. And they present a product to doctors that goes horribly wrong, and we are back to the drawing board. And we lose customers. It's embarrassing.

I've seen processes in effect in certain areas that are DECADES old, and never updated. Even the paperwork is calling out for something we don't use anymore. It's too much money to update anything (when the company doesn't pull in enough).

How many years can this continue for I might ask........

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marketing needs to share in the blame along with R&D. What has George and his team done for us? Why doesn't George relocate to Denver where the energy team is located? Maybe it is time to get someone who has a vested interest in this division.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get with the times.
    We have Tor for laptop, and Orfox for mobile.