Davinci- what a scam

Discussion in 'Intuitive Surgical Patient Discussions' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't think you ship is sinking and this is all about the money. Just check out your SVP Salvatore Brogna who unloaded 12,626 shares of Intuitive Surgical stock on the open market in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, September 2nd 2014. The stock was sold at an average price of $472.06, for a total transaction of $5,960,229.56.

The RATS are jumping shit.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Nothing to see here, everyone is cashing in." How's your sales this quarter?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Source: Emerging Equities Report Aug. 2014.- In the second quarter of 2014, the company launched the da Vinci Xi system in the U.S. The company noted that fifty of the ninety six systems it shipped in the second quarter were da Vinci Xi models. The company’s GAAP revenue for the second quarter was $512 million, down 11% on a year-over-year basis. On a GAAP basis, Intuitive Surgical reported net income of $104 million, or $2.77 per diluted share, compared to $159 million, or $3.90 per diluted share reported for the same period in the previous year. Dr. Gary Guthart, President and CEO of Intuitive Surgical, said that he is encouraged by several trends in the second quarter. Dr. Guthart said that global procedures grew 8% on a sequential basis and 9% year-over-year.

So lets get this correct. Your gross sales are way down but your pushing more cases? You mean the cases that might not be needed, because there is a lower cost and more safer/effective procedure that your not telling the customers?

"A study published in the medical journal Obstetrics & Gynecology concludes that hysterectomies performed with the Da Vinci® Surgical Robot are no safer than laparoscopic hysterectomies – and may actually increase the risk of certain injuries. Researchers from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center suggest that performing a hysterectomy with the Da Vinci® robot provides no safety benefits over laparoscopic surgery to justify the e

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A forthcoming article in the Journal of Endourology has breaking news regarding the risks of burns and thermal injuries due to a defect in the design of the da Vinci robot. Doctors in the Department of Urology at Loma Linda University Medical Center in California studied the tip cover accessory (TCA) for the monopolar scissors used in the robotic surgery, the purpose of which cover is to prevent electrical current from escaping, except at the tip. In the study, the TCAs in use (up until recently) leaked electricity. The insulation was often found by the naked eye to be broken, and in more cases there were microscopic defects which allowed the electricity to escape.

The escape of electricity was where the surgeon would not expect it. It was coming out on tissue which the doctors thought was protected and damaging it with thermal burns. The incidence of escape was much higher when the wrist feature on the robotic arm was more angulated.

Perhaps the most important finding as far as liability with the robot suits we are handling is that there were much less leak problems with a newly improved tip cover which had recently been devised for the da Vinci. But if you had this surgery before the recall you where FUCKED.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are all the defenders? You know the ones that spout off the claim, "All of the 6000 averse events on the FDA Maude report is the fault of shitty doctors, they all are making the same mistakes". Otherwise known as saying, "Don.'t blame my meal ticket".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you care and you don't want to see me on this board 24/7 tell then tell Intuitive to settle the following cases:

Zarick, et al. v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara

Erika Starr. v Intuitive Surgical, Inc Untied States District Court of Ohio

LYNELE MCDANIEL vs. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC., Marion Superior Court , Indianapolis, Indiana

yes, we do have an AX to grind.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an intuitive employee... Who gives a shit. Not us

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have truly had a loved one injured in surgery I do give a shit. Whether it was the fault of the robot, the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, other equipment, or something else entirely - that is why there is due process. I hope you find resolution to whatever you are struggling through.

However, if you believe the comments on this board represent the views of the vast majority of current and past Intuitive employees you could not be more wrong. If you've come here looking for civil discourse, you've come to the wrong place. If you think the dozen or so idiots that repeatedly post on this board can influence ISI to settle 3 lawsuits, you're misguided and delusional.

Better to channel your energy elsewhere, but it is your choice to do as you choose.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your under the misguided impression that Intuitive employees or ex employees cannot influence a lawsuit. They can and have, just recently one testified in a class action against Intuitive. If fact, the judge even pointed out that their testimony itself was a major deciding factor in not granting a summery judgment.

"In Thursday's order, Davila ruled plaintiffs lawyer's scienter claims, based on testimony from a former Intuitive manager, were adequate. Plaintiffs lawyers also provided evidence defendants sold their Intuitive stock after learning of FDA involvement that would adversely affect the company, but before that information was public knowledge."

But by all means, don't let the facts stop you from posting stupid shit! HACK

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like more rats are jumping ship.

"MRI Interventions Announces Frank Grillo, Intuitive Surgical Executive, to Become CEO and Kimble Jenkins to Become Executive Chairman
    Globe Newswire
    September 11, 2014: 09:00 AM ET

IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MRI Interventions, Inc. (OTCQB:MRIC) today announced that medical device veteran Frank Grillo will become the company's new Chief Executive Officer. Grillo will join MRI Interventions as President on October 6, 2014 and will become CEO on January 1, 2015. Kimble Jenkins, who has led MRI Interventions since 2003, will assume the position of Executive Chairman on January 1, 2015 and will continue to be actively involved with the company.

Frank Grillo joins MRI Interventions from Intuitive Surgical, Inc., where he has served as a senior executive responsible for marketing and business development functions for the $17 billion surgical systems company. As Vice President, Marketing and New Business Development, Grillo directed the company's marketing strategy; implemented key upstream and downstream marketing programs; oversaw all product launches worldwide; organized and managed initiatives to drive both procedural adoption and capital sales; drove adoption curves in urology, gynecology, thoracic and general surgery; and provided oversight for many of the acquisition, licensing, and co-development activities within the organization.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instrument Failures for the da Vinci Surgical System: a Food and Drug Administration MAUDE Database Study.
    Friedman DC1, Lendvay TS, Hannaford B.
    Author information
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:

Our goal was to analyze reported instances of the da Vinci robotic surgical system instrument failures using the FDA's MAUDE (Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience) database. From these data we identified some root causes of failures as well as trends that may assist surgeons and users of the robotic technology.
    METHODS:

We conducted a survey of the MAUDE database and tallied robotic instrument failures that occurred between January 2009 and December 2013. We categorized failures into five main groups (cautery, shaft, wrist or tool tip, cable, and control housing) based on technical differences in instrument design and function.
    RESULTS:

A total of 565 instrument failures were documented through 528 reports. The majority of failures (285) were of the instrument's wrist or tool tip. Cautery problems comprised 174 failures, 76 were shaft failures, 29 were cable failures, and 7 were control housing failures. Of the reports, 10 had no discernible failure mode and 49 exhibited multiple failures.
    CONCLUSIONS:

The data show that a number of robotic instrument failures occurred in a short period of time. In reality, many instrument failures may go unreported, thus a true failure rate cannot be determined from these data. However, education of hospital administrators, operating room staff, surgeons, and patients should be incorporated into discussions regarding the introduction and utilization of robotic technology. We recommend institutions incorporate standard failure reporting policies so that the community of robotic surgery companies and surgeons can improve on existing technologies for optimal patient safety and outcomes.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't read the post very carefully. The idiots ON THIS BOARD cannot influence Intuitive to settle anything. You are a HACK ambulance chaser from some sorry ass law school. Bills some more hours trolling cafeP. Shame!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just Call Saul!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish... But we did hire a very good firm if you are wondering.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone should take notice of the following trend at Intuitive:

1. First we have: 09/02/14
    SVP Salvatore Brogna who unloaded 12,626 shares of Intuitive Surgical stock on the open market in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, September 2nd 2014. The stock was sold at an average price of $472.06, for a total transaction of $5,960,229.56.

2. Then: 08/26/14
    Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG) SVP Colin Morales sold 4,105 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, August 26th. The stock was sold at an average price of $478.66, for a total value of $1,964,899.30. Following the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 102 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $48,823. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission.

3. Followed by: 09/10/14
    MRI Interventions, Inc. (OTCQB:MRIC) today announced that medical device veteran Frank Grillo will become the company's new Chief Executive Officer. Frank Grillo joins MRI Interventions from Intuitive Surgical, Inc., where he has served as a senior executive responsible for marketing and business development.

Ever wonder why these rats always sell there stock and run right before the bad news hits?

On Sep 11, we have updated our research report on Intuitive Surgical, Inc. ( ISRG ). Lower revenues on the back of stiff hospital capital spending environment continue to pull down the company's earnings. However, we are optimistic about the launch of the company's new da Vinci Xi Surgical System.

Intuitive Surgical faces the risk of lower capital spending by hospitals particularly during the current changes emanating from healthcare reform in the U.S. and austerity measures in Europe. Thus, a major source of risk is pricing pressure.

Intuitive Surgical's revenues in the 2014-second quarter dipped 11.5% to $512.2 million. The decline is attributable to lower revenues in the Instruments and Accessories, and Systems segments.

As a result, Intuitive Surgical posted a 24.1% fall in adjusted earnings per share to $3.03 for the second quarter of the year from $3.99 in the same quarter of 2013. However, the robotic surgical systems maker's earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $2.76.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/intuitive-surgical-continues-to-face-lower-revenues-analyst-blog-cm390312#ixzz3DDA3FSmR

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello! I have been reading the posts on this forum and I would like to offer a personal experience. Not to inflame or blame or cause a backlash of angry responses but hopefully to put a human face on the repercussions that can happen when doctors feel pressured to use a robot for reasons other than the best outcome for the patient.
    I was referred to a DaVinci surgeon in August 2012 to perform a hysterectomy due to stage 3 cervical and uterine cancer. I was told the surgery would cause less scarring and would give me a shorter recovery time. I didn't know much about DaVinci but I trusted the doctor knew what was best for me so I agreed to the procedure. It has been 2 years now and I am still suffering the effects of the surgery. Both of my ureters were severed, the nerves in my bladder have been permanently damaged, I was hospitalized with Sepsis and nearly died and I had to have an additional (traditional) surgery to take part of my colon and use it to bypass the ureters from my kidneys to my bladder. I wear diapers now and I am not an old woman! I have to self cath several times a day, I get kidney and bladder infections constantly. I lost my job, I can't have sex without urine pouring from my body and I am terribly scarred - physically and emotionally.
    I have more surgeries in my future and I hope to someday have a normal life again. did the robot cause this? Would it have happened regardless of the type of surgery I had? I can't answer those questions. All I know for sure is that I would've liked a LOT more information about what was going to happen to me so I could have made a more informed choice. Maybe I would have decided against using the robot if I had known the risks? I know this site is for sales reps and I understand that sales reps think about money, commissions, SALES! I was in sales too so I understand this. Please keep in mind what you are selling has the capability to do much good but also much harm! Thank you for listening to a human perspective on this debate.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too was injured during my DaVinci surgery. My bladder was cut, had a subsequent bladder fistula and have been basically living with a catheter inserted since my surgery. I now have to have another surgery to repair the injury. Worst mistake of my life agreeing to this procedure. Wish I would have had a traditional surgery.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody at Intuitive gives a shit.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Intuitive Surgical’s da Vinci systems have been under intense scrutiny over their cost effectiveness and efficiency claims in the past year. A comprehensive study conducted by Columbia University in 2013 suggested that surgeries performed using the systems may cost significantly more than standard minimally invasive procedures, without any major benefits. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists also echoed these research findings, and questioned the lack of clinical data to demonstrate the efficacy of robotic hysterectomies over cheaper laparoscopic procedures."